Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my youngest son Ashton he is 2 started to fall over backwards and not catch himself. Almost like he was passing out. He did this twice and I knew something was wrong. I picked him up and notice his body was hot to the touch. We gave him some Motren his temp was at 101.2. I took his to the hospital Er wich is only 2 miles from my place. When we got there the checked his temp which was still the same. They checked in his ears and said he had a little fluid in his right ear which could have been knocking his equilibreaum off. They litened to his heart took his blood preasure and sent us home.

We got back home and he started to fall again only this time I noticed he was colvolsing when he hit the ground. I picked him up and he covolsed in my arms. I told his mom we are going back to the hospital and he started to colvolse in my arms again. I got out to the care and was putting him in his car seat as I went to strap him in the little guy had a nother convolsion. I yelled for his mother to call 911 and send an ambulance. I took him out of the car seat and tears just started to roll down my face. I held him tight to my chest and brought him in the house to waite for the ambulance.

The ambulance got there and his mom rode with him. My dod drove me to the hospital. His temp had risen to 103.5 in just 1 hour. They got his temp under control and did some blood work after I threated 2 doctors because they said there was no need for blood work. The blood work came back fine.

They sent him home and his mom and I got up ever hour to check his temp. wich has stayed down. His convolsions were from his temp going up so fast.

I have a cousin that when she was 2 the same thing happened to her only she had spine cancer and is only expected to live to be 10 years old. That is the reason I demanded the blood work to be done.

Always rember that your child is the greatest gift you will ever recive and they can be taken away at any time. Give them an extra hug and kiss and always rember to tell them you love them. I am going to go now and play with my best friend.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
OMG! Glad everything is alright for the most part! My daughter did that to me once and I was
pretty freaked out, too. Ahh, the joys of parenting...

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juggalo said:
what was causing the fever, that sounds like a crazy day Im glad everything turned out
It was just a flu. Thank god.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
How is he now? I agree that there are only a few things that can make a grown man cry. Your child is always at the top of the list. I hope all is well. He will be in my prayers. Keep us updated.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GixxerJRG said:
How is he now? I agree that there are only a few things that can make a grown man cry. Your child is always at the top of the list. I hope all is well. He will be in my prayers. Keep us updated.
Hw is playing and getting into stuff like normal. He seems to be good. He is not falling down and no more convolsions.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
yes, thank God everything is better now... I have three kids and don't know what I would do if anything happened to one of them..... gotta go now and give them an extra hug...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Glad to hear the little guy is doing better, that would freak me out even if it wasn't my own kid.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Phew, that must've freaked you out DennisRed. I'm glad he's alright. I'm pretty sure it was just the flu also.

When I was a kid, prolly about his age, I had a very high temperature. I felt as I was burning up. Don't ask how I remember. My mother took care of me though so it was all good.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
wow dude, i almost got misty reading that...i would have FLIPPED out.....i hope hes ok, my lil one is 17 mos and if she did that i dunno what i would have done.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Glad he is OK Dennis...my girl is my heart man, she is 3...if anything happened to her I honestly don't know what I would do...take care brotha.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
dennis, damn man...a parents worse nightmare.

My daughter had a similar experience where her temp was at 103 burning up, very lethargic. we took her into the doc, he ran every test possible all came back negative. She started passing out at the doctors whiched freaked everyone out, including the doctor. Normally when she's there shes fighting him and doesn't want a thing to do him. They gave her a HUGE direct shot of motrin and she popped out of it for a little bit but went back in that night. Our doctor was really cool and calling us every hour. Two days later she was fine. doctor sitll doesn't know what happened.

She has gotten alot more hugs and kisses since then

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. He is a little wore out from being woke up every hour to have his temp taken so he is sleeping peacefully now. I could just sit and watch him forever.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Man Dennis, i am sure that was a heck of a scare for you man. Glad everything turned out alright.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Scary shit... similar thing happened to my son a few months ago when he was 18 months old (he's 21 months now).

He had a lowgrade fever for a day or two then all of a sudden it shot up to 104 within an hour. I've never felt anyone so hot before in my life. That alone is enought to freak out most parents, so I can only imagine how it must have felt to watch those convulsions (they're called febrile seizures, actually).

ER docs could find nothing wrong with his bloodwork, so probably just a virus, although a fairly nasty one, apparently. We had to jump through all kinds of hoops to keep his temp down... alternating ibuprofen (Motrin) and acetaminophen (Tylenol), cold compresses, cold drinks, AC and ceiling fans on high... and even after all that it took a day and a half or so before his temp would drop below 101.

Young children can generally tolerate higher body temperatures than adults can, but that doesn't make you feel any better when it's your child.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I first stated reading the post, I thought it was going to be some dumb story, Thank God everything worked out for you, I know about scary, About two months ago we were rushing my son to the ER for his asthma, it was the longest 6 min in the car ever. They are so fragile but it easy to forget.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Glad to see he made it through it and is allright.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He had 4 more seizures again today. We are going to take him to Childres hospital in Pittsburgh since it has been rated the best childrens hospital in the US. I just want him to be ok and make it stop.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I hope everything turns out alright, my prayers are w/you and your family.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts