Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new jacket for the wife and am curious what kinds you like the best. She rides with me once or twice a week. looking for a textile.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Definately NOT Icon Kitty!! PM blndebmbr with that one. She knows what will and won't hold up so she can recommend a good jacket for you. Now that I think of it, Japbike can recommend one too- I'm sure many other girls could but I know for 100% sure that those two girls know what they are talking about when it comes to reliable women's jackets.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
For a textile jacket, I really like the Cortech by TourMaster, it is waterproof and has a removable lining. It is one of those can be worn all year. I really like mine, I rode in 26 degree weather in it in spring and it was awesome, then I wore it up to Road America in June when it was 80 some degrees and it was awesome. Nice jacket, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm with Blndebmbr on this one. The Cortech is a great jacket and worth the price, which if you look at other manufactures of textiles, they are actually priced well. No textile holds up to the punishment that leather does. Now for total protection, I still recommend leather. But that's just me. No matter the temp, I always ride with cowhide..:)

here's a link... Check it out! http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=3980&department=122&division=1 This is the one I like,a nd it comes in more then just black, blue and red... :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Alpinestars Stella Rebel Air-Flo jacket. It has mesh which runs from my wrists, under my arms, and down my sides. It has CE approved armor in the elbows and shoulders; it has a foam back protector which I'll be replacing with CE armor soon. It also has a wind/waterproof liner which can be zipped out on warmer days. It's a great all around jacket!

But like others, I'll be getting leathers as soon as I can. ;)

http://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/2005ApparelPdfs/jackets/stella_rebel_airflo_jkt.pdf

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've been wearing alpinestars leathers for two years now, almost daily. They're great, holding up well. When the weather gets over 80, I wear my Cortech mesh (but I'd get that Rebel Air-Flo in heartbeat!). I have a phobia about road rash, so leathers make me feel much safer. I think it was Brownilus who said road rash scars do not make a gal sexier.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Don't rule out textile ladies .I know a guy who went down at 110 mph in a textile jacket and he walked away fine...the jacket was trashed but it did it's job. Yes leather is superior because it slides better than the textile, but the reality is that the only way leather is truly going to protect you is by zipping it to a pair of pants. It doesn't matter what brand of leather you wear, if you fall the odds of it sliding up are very high. A lot of testing goes into the textile garments so I wouldn't discredit them. Yes I prefer my leather, but in inclement weather, my Cortech rocks. It has all the armor a leather would have.
But really, give the textiles a chance, they are really nice, comfortable and waterproof/windproof! :lol They provide a ton of protection and keep the rider comfortable. I have attached a picture of this year's model of my jacket, last year's was a bit cooler for graphics. But it is well worth the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
My bf just purchased NexGen that has the removable liner and all the protection. We ordered mine because they didn't have the color I like. He's already finding things he doesn't like about it though...so he's not sure if he wants me to go ahead and get that jacket. He doesn't like that the armour doesn't stay right on your elbows and such. We're looking for a more fitted look I guess. I do want a breathable jacket though. Where can I find a link for the Cortech jackets? I'd like to check them out. I was thinking of Alpinestars as well.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
www.tourmaster.com

It's the fit that makes the protection, so buy what feels the best.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you! :) I'm gonna check them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts