Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick as hell of people saying "Get a literbike, the low end torque keeps you from shifting all the time" or "I'm sick of shifting on a 600cc".

What is the point of owning a sportbike if you hate to shift?

Why can't people be straight and just say, I bought it because I felt like it, or just because I liked it? Why come up with bogus/stupid self justifications?

If you want a literbike, go get it, don't try to justify as easier to ride, more comfortable, less shifting, because...

If you really like the comfy, no shifting, and easier ride, go buy a freaking Honda Silverwing 600, or any other maxi scooter for that matter.

I know I would get a R1 in a heartbeat if I had the money. I know I don't have anywhere to ride it, nor the ability to ride it, but I like it. Probably I would keep a Ninja 500 for a daily rider and the R1 as a weekend toy / eye candy or bragging rights, no need to justify myself for loving that bike.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The only people who have a problem with that is Firefighter and RacerX. They want everybody to be the same and ride EX500's. I think they both work for Kawasaki. Either that or they are new NASA robots with an Artificial Intelligence programmed to nag like a bitch on her peroid.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
hmmmmmm.....coincidence..........both msf inst. both ride track, both ride smallish, uncool bikes.............very keen........

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, just like the people who buy small bikes justify it by saying that it takes more skill to go fast...

Everybody has to justify their decisions in some way in order to feel like they made the correct choice.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
um, cuz it does.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
RACER X said:
hmmmmmm.....coincidence..........both msf inst. both ride track, both ride smallish, uncool bikes.............very keen........
You have great credentials... unfortunately you choose to talk, and that ruins everything for you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
RACER X said:
um, cuz it does.....
I must have worded that incorrectly.

Stuff my XX through Deal's Gap as fast as you could on your SV650. *That* requires skill.

·
Registered
152 Posts
RACER X said:
um, cuz it does.....
it's true...me and my best buddy both have 600s. when we go canyon ride or go for trackdays, we're easily the fastest 600s out there. sure, there were plenty of literbikes that beat us. but for those literbikes we did beat, i can assure you their egos were checked.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Mykl said:
I must have worded that incorrectly.

Stuff my XX through Deal's Gap as fast as you could on your SV650. *That* requires skill.
Mykl said:
Why don't you head up to Deal's Gap? Last week I had to struggle to keep a 250 dual sport from running away from me. Doesn't make me a bad rider.... and it doesn't make him a better rider.
imagine this guy on a bike that will handle........... :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
Racer x thinks different

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
RACER X said:
imagine this guy on a bike that will handle........... :D
:confused:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Hmm. On one side of the fence there's the 600cc bikes are for the poorman who couldn't afford the big powerful bike, attitude. On the other is 1000cc bikes are for the SPS guys who pose, attitude. I think they are both the same bunch of assholes with different size bikes. RacerX just seems like the big talker with the smaller bike. Go home poser.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
..........nuff said

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Man, I'm glad my MSF instructor was cool, I'd have hated to been taught by these guys on here.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Redstar11 said:
Go home poser.
:lol, so since when has an SV or VFR been a poseur bike? vs gsxr600 or 1k...... :confused:

only 50k on the VFR.......and i've haven't done much street riding in the last year...... :eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
RACER X said:
:lol, so since when has an SV or VFR been a poseur bike? vs gsxr600 or 1k...... :confused:

only 50k on the VFR.......and i've haven't done much street riding in the last year...... :eek:
Sounds like you've lost touch with us street riders. Most of us can use the extra power of a larger displacement bike more often than we can use the superior handling of a lesser cc machine.

While I am interested in track riding, I recognize that I am now and always will be a street rider first. My track bike will be a small displacement, low weight machine. But for the street I want a lot of power.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mykl said:
Sounds like you've lost touch with us street riders. Most of us can use the extra power of a larger displacement bike more often than we can use the superior handling of a lesser cc machine.

While I am interested in track riding, I recognize that I am now and always will be a street rider first. My track bike will be a small displacement, low weight machine. But for the street I want a lot of power.

Well said....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Man how did this turn into a flame war??

People always "talk". Some things may be true and some not. Unless it's hurting you to listen to what they say, take it with a grain of salt. One thing I've learned while on this board is to Show love to a fellow rider (unless squidy and dangerous) and enjoy yourself.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts