Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys, list your favorite roads to ride on out here.

I think Snake road is a good road, except for those damn reflectors. I think that is the best road out here.

What's everyones favorite road?

·
Registered
377 Posts
The road out by Sandy beach. But you gotta have balls to ride that thing fast. The H3 tunnels for when you feel like opening it up a bit. There is also 13 corners off of Pali. That is fun. My favorit ride though would probably be between Haliewa and Kailua. That road is great if you can get out there early Sunday morning. Anyother time and it is so screwed with traffic it isnt even worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
haven't got out to snake road yet. did 13 corners like that alot. h3 is the best place to open it up. got triple digit speeds on h3 and h1 between waipahu and makakilo.

·
Registered
377 Posts
suzuki750mk said:
haven't got out to snake road yet.
You're missing out then. When you do just make sure you watch out for those damn turtles in the middle and sides of the rode. I think hitting those when leaned over would spell a low side.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Whatever that long ass road leading out to the north shore is. I just love the view from there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do you mean the straight one or the curvy one? Both have pretty nice views.

·
Registered
377 Posts
TTsixxer said:
Snake road is fun. I like norfolk road, 13 turns, tantalus and shortie but goodie halawa valley.
I think tantalus is hell on a bike. To tight and the roads are crappy. That and the cops like to hang out there and ticket the car racers.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Kastivich said:
Do you mean the straight one or the curvy one? Both have pretty nice views.
The straight road. Once I get a camera mount (having no idea where to look) I'm gonna make a few island rides movies.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds cool Bomb...i was thinking of doing the same thing. I plan on getting one of those "bullet" cams you can mount almost anywhere on your bike. Pretty cool setup.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well on maui, the road to ride is the one going to haleakala crater. you will find about 10 bikes riding up and down that place on sundays. friends told me the road to hana is good too, but some areas are wet.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stoneloco808 said:
well on maui, the road to ride is the one going to haleakala crater. you will find about 10 bikes riding up and down that place on sundays. friends told me the road to hana is good too, but some areas are wet.

Haleakala would be a good road to ride on. I took the rental car up there last month and pushed it...fun times. Only thing is you have to pay the 10 bucks to get up there.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
Kastivich said:
I think tantalus is hell on a bike. To tight and the roads are crappy. That and the cops like to hang out there and ticket the car racers.
Yes the roads are crappy but I like the tight turns, that's what makes it fun. Norfolk is a lot of fun but it's a bit too fast for the street.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Kastivich said:
Isn't the road out to Sandy Beach pretty popular with the bikes?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Isn't the road out to Sandy Beach pretty popular with the bikes?
It is but I never liked railing that one. To much chance of highsideing into the ocean or hitting the mountain on the other side. Not quite worth it to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rascus said:
Haleakala would be a good road to ride on. I took the rental car up there last month and pushed it...fun times. Only thing is you have to pay the 10 bucks to get up there.

we never go past the toll booth. we usually start our runs the turn after the atv place and go up right before the toll booth. then we usually turn around and go back down, just to come back up. its pretty much all we got that is decent, rarely tourists get in the way.

i bet oahu got some nice ones.

a friend of mine moved to the big island a couple of years ago and he says the sport bike guys like to ride saddle road. someday ill ship my bike there to try it out, once that ferry goes into service.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stoneloco808 said:
we never go past the toll booth. we usually start our runs the turn after the atv place and go up right before the toll booth. then we usually turn around and go back down, just to come back up. its pretty much all we got that is decent, rarely tourists get in the way.

i bet oahu got some nice ones.

a friend of mine moved to the big island a couple of years ago and he says the sport bike guys like to ride saddle road. someday ill ship my bike there to try it out, once that ferry goes into service.

Hopefully the ferry service will go through. I want to take a trip to the big island to ride. I think Dangerous Curves did that not too long ago.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Best road Ive ever hit in Hawaii is the one going to Waimea Canyon on Kauai, I forget the name of it but we did it on dualsports and were racing eachother the whole ride was a blast. We stopped at the top under a tree drank our Fosters oil cans we brought and then headed down into the jungle taking the hard way back. What a ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ho crap, so there are actually twisty roads to ride back home?! That was gonna be one of my biggest gripes of eventually moving back. that and not being able to lane split... i mean share :bitchslap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts