Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im lookin for a list of the slowest of the 600cc family, I want a really nice bike to start out on. Ive ridden a lot of dirt bikes when I was smaller, and im about 5'9 and weigh 150. What would be recomended for my size?

Im not lookin for a slow bike! Just a nice 600cc to learn on!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
a slow 600 is still faster then any car you've ever driven......

how about start off properly and get a 250 or 500, learn to ride, then move up?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I rode my friends FZR600R a couple times to and from work and I loved it, I really want to start on a nice 600cc.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Honda Hurricane..

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
JohnChule said:
I rode my friends FZR600R a couple times to and from work and I loved it, I really want to start on a nice 600cc.
Why? What's wrong with an equally nice 500? You should be looking for one that will be cheaper to fix when you drop it, and will have a better resale value than a 600 when you want to sell it and get a newer bike.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Agreed... pick a "slow" Ninja 500EX.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I really hate buying then reselling things, to much of a hassle. If I buy the 600cc bike I will keep it for a very long time.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Chule: would you rather take on the hassle of selling a bike and buying another one or the hassle of having your skin scrubbed every 30 minutes by a nurse and skin grafts? Personally I'll take the first one. It's not hard to sell a Ninja 500, alot of newbies want them, and you'll really learn alot about riding the PROPER way. You are going to get whatever you want, I realize that, I'm just here to try to talk you into doing the RIGHT thing.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i started on a 650, and i am doing fine on my R6. of course i was riding a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 650. i agree with the others, start small if you are going to start on a sportbike.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I haven't even been on this board for more than a month yet, and I'm already TIRED of people asking the same question, and wanting to start BIG.

Cut it out :( If you really want a b***** bike to start with, do a search

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
JohnChule said:
If I buy the 600cc bike I will keep it for a very long time.

They are trying to tell you that you will not keep it for a long time if it is your first bike, or maybe you will keep it but it will be in a heap on the garage floor. Chances are very high that you will crash it. Then you won't be able to get a new one because of the $$ you spent buying the 600. Selling a bike is easy, and buying one is fairly easy also if you are talking about newer bikes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Filip75 said:
I haven't even been on this board for more than a month yet, and I'm already TIRED of people asking the same question, and wanting to start BIG.

Cut it out :( If you really want a b***** bike to start with, do a search
Enough of the flaming, it was just a simple question. I really do appreciate the concern from everyone and that shows why this board is superior to any other but I have a lot of riding experience not so much on a streetbike but on dirtbikes. Thanks to everyone who replied.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts