Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work about 9pm last night, and started the 10 mi ride home.. There were some UGLY low clouds above, but it wasnt raining or anything.. Actually felt really dry, more dry than usual.. Shouldve been my first warning, but there were NO birds or insects or ANYTHING making any noise at all.. Totally silent..
I was on the highway, about 70 MPH, enjoying the cool night, when I started to feel.. weird.. (I know now that I was feeling static.) It felt kinda like when you put on clothes out of the dryer, when you forgot to put a dryer sheet in.
Then *KABAMMMMMM!!!!*. Freaking HUGE purple lightning bolt hits the light pole about 10 car lengths in front of me.. The damn thing DESTROYED my night vision, I couldnt see shiat! My ears were ringing so loud, I couldnt hear my bike, the cars around me, or see any of the cars because I was completely blind.. I just had to gently get on the brakes, and drift towards the shoulder (I was in the far left lane), and just hoped to hell I wouldnt get hit.. Once I heard the gravel on the shoulder, I stopped, got the hell off my bike, and sat in the median ( I didnt want to take the chance of getting hit).. Few min later, my vision cleared enough to see (still couldnt hear anything), and there were cars all over the highway, stopped in every direction.. People blinking, looking stupid (like me)....

Needless to say, I left the bike home today.. :2eek

·
Registered
377 Posts
Shit, that is crazy, glad your ok man.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A helmet cam wouldve been perfect to have last night..
Imagine putting a camera flashbulb right up to your eye....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Glad your ok. I had that happen to me when I was driving in the cage. I was completly binded and was in the middle lane. I didnt know what to do I slowed down. lucky for me everyone else did as well. Very scary time. Now I have my cell phone set up with geting weather warning text to my phone so I know when something bad could happen.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Been there done that, Sucks when you are going fast and cant see!

·
Ghost GTO
1,609 Posts
At least you're safe which is a good thing hehe. But yeah, same thing happened to me. but I wasnt on a bike, just laying down HAHA. Lighting can be very scary sometimes. Glad you were safe.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bpmull said:
At least now you got a cool story to tell people.
Yeah, I get to tell people how I had to pry my seat out of my Perma-Clentched Ass. Dont think I'll shit for a week. :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts