Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I was riding tonight and my headlights and taillight don't come on. They just shut off during the ride. The fuses under the seat are good. Where else to look. I am going to tear it apart when I get home, just looking for some ideas before it turns into an all day event

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Don't you have those aftermarket HID's? Did you need a relay to install them?

Stone

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the HIDS have 3 fuses and a relay. One fuse per ballasts, and one main fuse by the battery. The relay is put in after the two for the ballasts. I don't think it has to do with the lights because the taillight don't work either. All the lights work except those two. The brake light works, the turn signals in the taillight work, the front turn signals and the guage lights all work. It is just the headlight and the taillight. So far all the fuses are good. I am about to pull it apart and see if I can track a problem, so any tips would be appreciated. I don't have a manual, so if somebody has one, can you give me some where abouts to look.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out. A relay for the HIDS just came undone. Quick fix no problem. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stonecoldchavez said:
So it was the relay I suggested. :) :)

Stone
Yes, Yes, you are the man. I owe you a beer.... :alky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts