Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
give up the abilty to carry passengers, after market bodywork. lose the epa crap, and lose the sproket cover, minimize your headlights. aftermarket exhaust
thats all of the relativly cheap stuff i can think of

·
Registered
317 Posts
i got a magnesium sprocket cover! w00t!

·
Registered
416 Posts
lol is it after market?

i just looked down one day and realized there wasnt one on my bike, thought about and never decided to fix it

·
Registered
416 Posts
Zippy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 7R carries most of it's weight in it's frame and farings.
i think you are right, the stock fairings are huge, and pretty heavy.i run a lighter battery but it can make starting the bike a challenge if she doesnt start the first time, and since i dont have my choke setup on cold days it's a challenge

someone posted a link a bit back to a opp racing sub-frame that would shave some weight
http://www.oppracing.com/accessories/images/subframes/OUK01014.htm

you would lose your seats and have to run an enclosed tail i think tho
kawagirls resonator mod would help to and be mostly free.

ofcourse there are the exspensive options that would look cool, like a carbon fiber gastank, a cf frame. cf or magnesium wheels that kinda stuff

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can go with carbon ram air tubes and air box you will lose some weight there.

That no choke on the flat slides can be a pain in the ass. With mine when I first start it I have to rev it up or it stalls and is a pain to start.
I just rejetted the carbs its running alot better now.

noir, what is the jetting you are running in yours ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
is the tank on the 93-95zx7r's aluminum?

·
Registered
416 Posts
dbo said:
is the tank on the 93-95zx7r's aluminum?
yup aluminum alloy, but that just may be on the rr's not sure.

and i have a stage 2 dynojet jet kit, that really needs to be tuned, but i havent had time to do it

·
Registered
317 Posts
just checking...the guy i bought my 7 from said the tank was from a 7r...the tank is light as hell...also with quick release fuel line and two cotter pins up top...

·
Registered
416 Posts
dbo said:
just checking...the guy i bought my 7 from said the tank was from a 7r...the tank is light as hell...also with quick release fuel line and two cotter pins up top...
thats pretty cool. and it sounds like it did come off a rr

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
you can also lose the lower fairing all to gether just put somthing connecting the side fairings together so they dont rip off

·
Registered
194 Posts
dennisred69 said:
you can also lose the lower fairing all to gether just put somthing connecting the side fairings together so they dont rip off
won't that have an adverse affect on cooling?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
never did any thing to mine in that way itll go to 100deg if i sitting at a red light but cools right back down when moving

1 - 14 of 14 Posts