Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen and read most the threads here about the FZ6 dual light mod. What I'm curious about is has anyone taken pictures of their light mod with hi and low beams side by side? What I'm looking for is some pictures taken straight on (directly in front of the bike) of a bike with this mod. One picture with the low beams on, and then one with the high beams on to see the difference.

Winter's coming here and if I ever have a chance to do the mod myself, it will be during the off-riding season. I find it hard to fiddle with the bike and mods when I can be riding it instead.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well this is close to what your looking for I think.. here just general pics of the process. This took maybe 15-30 mins to do so its a quick thing.
http://community.webshots.com/album/169586128FWwiZU
Top ones both on second is with the high beam on..

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now this is prompting me for another question. Has anyone tried to wire in the high beams on both lights instead of just the one? If anyone has tried this, how does it affect driving light. Does it take away too much from up close lighting (since high beams tend to point higher)? Just curious.

Again, thanks for the pics and the link. This is one mod I will definately be doing this winter.

Weagle

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can't have 'high beams' on bith sides, the bulbs are not both dual filament, the normally on dipped beam light is a H7 single filament bulb and the other normally off or high beam light is a H4 dual filament bulb.

I think to try and put another H4 bulb in the other side would require modification of the housing. Besides what are you after? Rally driving at night :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I remember someone here modding another H4 bulb in but don't recall who it was, I'm sure they will speak up. Also you could if you want to go as far is order one from the other side of the pond they have the H4 bulb on the opposite side as us :lol just a thought...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just like to see as much as I can at night. I use bright lights during the day and when out riding the country roads. I figure more light and being seen during the day is always a good thing. That and if it shines farther in the dark it's less likely that I'd be outrunning the light at night. My biggest concern is if they are both on high beams that there wouldn't be enough light directly in front of the bike.

I've also been told that seeing one bright light and one dim in one's rear view mirror is pretty distracting (not that I know...I'm rarely in a cage anymore).

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you do the mod as described and also replace the bulbs with brighter ones such as Philips Vision-plus or Osram Silverstar (they claim a 50% increased light which is not true, but they do offer an improvement), then you will have plenty of light at night.

You don't need nothing else. The light will be more than enough both for night riding and daylight driving.And most important, the beams will stay well placed on the road and you will not get flashed by the cars at the opposite direction.

Don't try to modify the housing of the H7 bulb so you can fit a H4 bulb. The 2 reflectors are not the same, and if you fit a H4 bulb to the H7 reflector, your beam will not be well focused on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts