Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is my situation... i have an 01 R6. when i bought it there were flushmounts installed so i have no idea about brand or wire hookups. for some reason my right turnsignals don't work.

i checked the fuse and thats fine. i think it is something with the front flushmount. there are 3 wires: black, green, and blue on the bike. i tested them with the voltmeter and i found out that the blue - positive, black - ground, and green - signal wire. on the flushmount there is red, black, and black w/ stripe. i assumed red - positive, black - negative, stripe - signal. when i connect the red and black only the running light comes on. when i connect the red, black, and stripe the signal light is constantly on, but not flashing. and i can take the black off, leaving just red and stripe and that same thing happens. when i connect the black and stripe, i get no lights. that is ok with me but the weird thing is, i can't get the signal to flash ever. i push it right and nothing happens. and the weirder part, i can't use the left signal for a minute or two. my left signal works fine after that break, or if i don't touch the right signal first. if anybody knows what the hell is going on, can you let me know? thanks.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure about the wattage... they have two different watts for the running and flashing bulbs. they used to work, but one day they just stopped...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't think this is the problem, but, just in case. Some after market signels require special bulbs to work properly. My neighbors bike is like this. He has to buy bulbs from the same place he got the lights. Or they will not work properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts