Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this at work today and was wondering what you all thought.. Say you have a 600cc sportbike, and most of your riding is in the canyons, half the time you're ringing it out (8-12rpm).. Then later on you get a liter bike and because of the power you no longer need to hit 12k rpm's.. (not that you really need to do that anyway) With regular maintanance which bike do you think would last longer through the years?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
2true said:
I was thinking about this at work today and was wondering what you all thought.. Say you have a 600cc sportbike, and most of your riding is in the canyons, half the time you're ringing it out (8-12rpm).. Then later on you get a liter bike and because of the power you no longer need to hit 12k rpm's.. (not that you really need to do that anyway) With regular maintanance which bike do you think would last longer through the years?
The HONDA.... Regardless of size...

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
A Harley. Mine is a 1969, when was the last time you saw a Japanese ANYTHING built in 1969 still running?!

(Dons that flame retardant suit)

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
A Harley. Mine is a 1969, when was the last time you saw a Japanese ANYTHING built in 1969 still running?!

I have a 1974 CB 750 Honda that's never had the cases cracked, it's parked on carpet, because it doesn't leak...I also have a 1978 CB750A that I am getting ready to restore...

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
LittleTex said:
Your showing signs of a :squid, my 600 has plenty of power and don't need to hit no 12k rpm.
Your showing signs of a :gay. JK. He did say canyon riding. Normally you stay in the high RPMs at those times.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Gasm said:
Your showing signs of a :gay. JK. He did say canyon riding. Normally you stay in the high RPMs at those times.
Hey, I've never even hit 9k on the tach.

shhhhh. For those that don't know, the Hawk ridlines at 8500. :moon

·
Registered
984 Posts
TheSollyLama said:

I bet you, you've got a JAPANESE parts in your engine, that's why it's still working. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
LittleTex said:
Your showing signs of a :squid, my 600 has plenty of power and don't need to hit no 12k rpm.
Just because he rides hard doesnt make him a :squid .

oober is right. The Hondas have it.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Either one , if you ride a 600 hard and at upper RPM's in the twisties youll probably do the same thing with a liter ( well at least i do)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts