Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to do a little customization to my undertail and i want to add a super bright "hyper white" type light by the plate, i want it to not only light the plate up but also make the back of the bike "glow". anyone have any ides as to what kind of light to use, i need something small and powerful.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Are licence plate lights required? Cause I still need to get one :lol

I am thinking of maybe doing a little white neon on the top two licence plate bolts with a reflector to aim it down on the plate, but who knows.

·
Registered
912 Posts
You should be able to get some 6" white neon tubes that will do the job. Check out bike customization sites that sell underglow kits.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cuz i plan to mount the plate in a place that cops often bitch about due to lack of visibility. so i wanna light her up like fenway park so they'll have nothing to complain about. i dont plan on running from the cops so it doesnt matter to me. maybe ill wire in a switch to cut all lights while im at it just in case :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
get the stalker lights there awesome super bright leds that are flat.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I've got NOTHING. I want to get a plate light because part of me is bothered by having something missing from the bike. On the other hand, I have custom plates so if I do something stupid I'd rather not be easily identified.
I have no plans to run from the cops but I'd prefer that Joe Schmoe couldn't call me in. :smilierr

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Go to a auto parts store, pick up the white light led kit and mount it under the tail shining it directly on the tag. LEDS are brighter and last longer and draw less power. I have 4 sets of blues on mine. 2 under the front end shining foward and 2 on the frame beside the engine. Next month I am building a fender eliminator and adding LED turn signals and an LED tag light.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cops ever give you crap about havin blue leds on the bike, around here you cant have blue or red leds/neons or any type of light with those colors

·
20,852 Posts
greekpimpslap said:
cops ever give you crap about havin blue leds on the bike, around here you cant have blue or red leds/neons or any type of light with those colors

In my state as long as they aren't blinking or causing a distraction to other driver's they are legal. All of them that have seen them like blue LEDS, another buddy has a red bike with red LEDs on it. May want to check with your state because they might be writing for tickets that they are not supposed to.

·
Registered
376 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
In my state as long as they aren't blinking or causing a distraction to other driver's they are legal. All of them that have seen them like blue LEDS, another buddy has a red bike with red LEDs on it. May want to check with your state because they might be writing for tickets that they are not supposed to.
hmmm...interesting, always thought red/blue was illegal everywhere for cop colors. :smokin

·
20,852 Posts
KoLRaNcH said:
hmmm...interesting, always thought red/blue was illegal everywhere for cop colors. :smokin

In Tenn there are exceptions. They can't blink and stuff. They can't be overwhelming to other drivers and such. Neons under cars are legal also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts