Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must give my dealership credit on being very quick with things....I got my license plates today, only 1 week from the date of purchase.
Anyway...I need to pick up some bolts to mount it. What do you guys use to bolt the plate up?? Just regular nut and bolt or is there something better out there?? that looks cool?...or might help with security (i.e. hex bolt or something)?? I know weird question. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I used the round reflector bolts that were on the bike when I got it...

License plate theft is not a biggy here in NJ.. :lol

(hope I didn't jinx myself..)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
*knocks on wood* I've never had a plate stolen, and my cage plate is a rather unique one... the plate is in Binary (who would have figured?) but I won't go as far as to let everyone know my plate information. :p

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
It took a week to get the plates? That bites. I got my plates the same day I got the bike.

My dealer has plastic screws for the plates. He used those to put it on. I went back later to get two more because the plate had a bit of an arch to it and didn't sit flush on the FE.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...here's what I found (for now). Found these at target for a few bucks. It comes with two bolts, locking washers, nuts and a special wrench.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Does the job...

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
CheapBastard said:
:angry Crap, I just got mine and it doesn't have any bolts. Figures! I like those reflector bolts, hopefully they have some as Auto Zone. :newbie
You should be able to find those just about anywhere.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Because the rear end with it's big red light and lit license plate doesn't shine enough? :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Because the rear end with it's big red light and lit license plate doesn't shine enough? :)
YES! That light is small and is pretty hard to see from a distance. Why not use all the safety available to you to help from getting rear ended?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Very true indeed! When I let my friend take out the FZ6, when I had it, out for a spin, that rear tailight was useless in the daytime. But little red reflectors won't help much during the day anyways. Doh!

·
Registered
169 Posts
m-memphis said:
I must give my dealership credit on being very quick with things....I got my license plates today, only 1 week from the date of purchase.
Huh?

You guys can take your bike home without the license plate being issued?

In Portugal we have to wait for everything to be ready.
I had to wait a day and a half....and no... I didn't sleep! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
457 Posts
Megatron said:
Huh?

You guys can take your bike home without the license plate being issued?

In Portugal we have to wait for everything to be ready.
I had to wait a day and a half....and no... I didn't sleep! :eek:nfloor
Most states here give you a paper temporary plate.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
+1 I had a temp. plate for about 1 1/2 weeks

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Me too. Rode off the lot with my blue beauty the first dry day of March last year, temp papers in my pocket. It was a gold star day.

I think the rear lights are totally inadequate. I have a strip of LEDs at the bottom of the plate wired to the brakes. They are pretty visible, even in daylight. I'm also thinking about getting the programmable LED replacement tail. It seems like a good idea, given that the only traffic accident I've ever been in was getting hit while waiting at a light. It was a sunny summer day and the guy behind me 'forgot' I was there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why does everyone mask out their licence plate # in pictures.
Whenever your out in public anyone can look at it whats the big deal?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Dieldrin said:
Why does everyone mask out their licence plate # in pictures.
Whenever your out in public anyone can look at it whats the big deal?
I'm with you on this one.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
While that's true, the internet is a bit more uberpublic and I usually prefer to keep as low of a profile as far as personal information goes as possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts