Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm in, might have people on other boards come as well, will update info I get here tonight

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey leaving at 9am this morning, heading up palisades to bear mtn then to some nice twisties.

·
Registered
395 Posts
found this on another forum....
i'm game if you are.

"The nicest twistie road I found out east is at exit 70 make a left and head North for about a quarter mile, make your second right?, you'll pass a big old bar on your left and then you'll cross over some R.R. tracks. This road starts heading east and very twistie. At the end you should be around exit 71 or 72 then head south towards the Hamptons."

·
Registered
521 Posts
jalaan1 and clutchr6, nice to meet you both. I hope your both ok and if you guys need something, give me a ring.

Next time we can do a relaxing cruise to Bear mtn car show :dblthumb

·
Registered
521 Posts
kdubbs said:
ow....what happened?
Me, jalaan1 and clutchr6 were going down that road and they slid off the road into that dirt mound. It was a heavy turn and there is sand all over those roads.

Everybody walked away, but jalaan1 decided to go to the hospital to get checked out just in case. I'm sure they will both update us all soon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
first off, Pakhan & clutchr6 thanks for all your help on that day. :cheers

now the bad news.
i did end up going to the hospital after the fall.
good thing i went. i fractured T7 (which is the 7th thoracic vertebral body)
busted up my right shoulder, no damage tho just sore.
and just a scrape on the right knee.

man i can't say it enough... thank God for GEAR!
after seeing what my helmet looked like, it could have been a LOT worse.

anyway, got discharged last night (5 days in the hospital:( )
on bed rest for now, and going to have to wear a back brace for about
2 months.
MD says doesn't look like i'm going to need surgery.

didn't get a chance to look the bike over but when clutchr6 dropped it off at my house he said it seems mechanically sound. just a broken wind screen.

anyway, up until the incident, it was a good ride and great meeting both you guys.
hopefully we could meet up again in the future and ride.
again thanks, to both you guys.:beer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.