Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see what you guys have. First pic is of my new ride, a 2003 KTM 450SX. Second pic is actually a joint project between my dad and myself; it's a 96 Kawasaki KX 250. Last pic is of my 97 Suzuki RM 250 that is actually up for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Jake said:
Let's see what you guys have. First pic is of my new ride, a 2003 KTM 450SX. Second pic is actually a joint project between my dad and myself; it's a 96 Kawasaki KX 250. Last pic is of my 97 Suzuki RM 250 that is actually up for sale.
Very nice, How do you like that 4 stroke KTM, My friends son is running a KTM in Loretta Lynn's and he loves the bike. The KTM really has made a big dent in the U.S. Motocross scene in the last few years huh.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mj31 said:
Very nice, How do you like that 4 stroke KTM, My friends son is running a KTM in Loretta Lynn's and he loves the bike. The KTM really has made a big dent in the U.S. Motocross scene in the last few years huh.
I actually just picked up the KTM last Thursday so I don't have a lot of seat time on it. But I can tell you from the little bit I have ridden it, it's got a ton of low end power! I was very surprised with that. Down low it pulls much harder than my RM 250.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
:popcorn 2 n 3 are the same bike..... :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
:popcorn 2 n 3 are the same bike..... :eek:
I think your girl needs some gear :) Nice dog too. Wow I thought Trikes where exstinct, good to see someone still riding one.

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
Jake said:
I actually just picked up the KTM last Thursday so I don't have a lot of seat time on it. But I can tell you from the little bit I have ridden it, it's got a ton of low end power! I was very surprised with that. Down low it pulls much harder than my RM 250.

Sweet Jake!

I got my hubby a 450sx several months ago for his birthday and he loves it... I only rode it once around the pits and MY GOD that thing is fast (even if I was just in 1st-2nd) :eek:nfloor :cheers

Here's my YZ and the KX (don't mind the messy garage)

Me on Billy's 450sx

< CRF50 is in the avatar :fiddy

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Carolyn said:
Sweet Jake!

I got my hubby a 450sx several months ago for his birthday and he loves it... I only rode it once around the pits and MY GOD that thing is fast (even if I was just in 1st-2nd) :eek:nfloor :cheers

Me on Billy's 450sx

The shocker, sweet.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carolyn said:
Sweet Jake!

I got my hubby a 450sx several months ago for his birthday and he loves it... I only rode it once around the pits and MY GOD that thing is fast (even if I was just in 1st-2nd) :cheers

Me on Billy's 450sx

Nice collection you got there Carolyn! :dblthumb

What model is your Kawi?

·
SPODE in training
372 Posts
Jake said:
Nice collection you got there Carolyn! :dblthumb

What model is your Kawi?

It's a '03 KX100 that I started on last December... I was thinking of selling it but I doubt I will... Most likely I'll have the suspension/forks tweeked to my weight :)

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Carolyn said:

It's a '03 KX100 that I started on last December... I was thinking of selling it but I doubt I will... Most likely I'll have the suspension/forks tweeked to my weight :)

check with Paul Thiede of Race Tech. I went to school with him and he is a suspension wizzard. He does all my bikes and the difference is just amazing.

Dunno if the ph # is still the same but the name is. :)

Attachments

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Thanks Jake...I only have little dirtbikes.....
:(

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blndebmbr said:
Thanks Jake...I only have little dirtbikes.....
:(
When I say little, I mean bikes the size of the fifty and seventy cc variety. Your's and Mike's dirtbikes more than qualify for this thread. Now lets see'em!!! :cheers

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's an attempt to get this thread restarted: My brother's (Dark Cloud) KTM 400 EXC and the third pic is of my old KX125 and my Dad's DRZ 250.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Action shot of me on a "big" dirtbike I had, and a reason not to ride with me on a wet day. Need a shower? :lao Me drowning a friend while he was posing for a criusin pic on his new bike. I came blowing by for the bathtime shot!!! Dirtbikes are so much fun!!!.... the camera guy and I set him up..... too funny :eek:nfloor

A winner of a bike in a HP shootout hehe (its also the one thats inside my house in the pics above) a 500 KTM EXC had close to 50 HP instantly off idle :eek: not quite but dam near. Thing was just BRUTAL. Famous for dumping throttle jocks squarely on there behinds if I let them ride it. It would stand up with zero warning if you even had a passing thot of wicking the gas on and wernt really in combat mode.

Dumped at least 10 guys off the back before I quit letting anyone ride it. :lol I loved the thing. Won a bunch of races on it too. :dblthumb KTM

Attachments

1 - 20 of 332 Posts