Sport Bikes banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's my '05. Bought it in the beginning of January, and already put 2k+ on the bike. Love it, it does everything I want a bike to do, quick and agile in the twisties, nice and meaty when you feel the need for speed, and it just chews up highway miles.

I'm starting to shop around for a good tank bag, better windshield, GPS, i'm picking up another stock seat and i'm going to start chopping it up so I can mount luggage hardware on it and use it as a 'one key turn' removable luggage system. But some of this stuff may have to wait until throw some new tires/chain/sprockets/grips on it. It's got 13k on it at the moment, and I want to take care of the maintenance soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everything on this bike looks so great. I just wonder why they dropped the ball on the real suspension. It looks so out of place. I had a 1994 Honda with the same rear suspension.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those side compartments can be very dangerous. Give yourself a wide birth maneuvering. I saw a guy hit a post and and it knocked him off the bike. I would take them off for regular ridding. Just saying, nice bike and even nicer without the baggage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I purchased mine brand new in 2007. Just keep in mind the FZR is a sport bike. Don't be fooled by the riding position this bike is dangerous. If you let the hammer down, you will be in big trouble very, very fast. 0-100MPH in 3 seconds. The bike hates going under 40MPH and if you ride slow it will over heat. (Unless it is cool or cold outside.) If your wife is over 5.3 and 110 pounds be aware. My girlfriends is 5.6 and 140 and I have to say the bike is no fun when she is on it. The riding characteristics are all screwed up when she is on the back and breaking can really take you for a surprise. I had to trade my fat girl friend in for a skinnier and shorter (younger) one..LOL. The tires are the same as the ones on the R1 and they need to take corners or the rubber on the side of the tires will harden up and if you take a steep curve you will be on your ass. YES, get frame sliders!! This bike cannot be dropped without major damage. Just my opinion after riding my 2nd gen FZR for five years now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree. Maintenance should always be number one. I find that the chain dries out a lot. And I am constantly having to check the tire pressure. In my opinion, it is just not a very good bike for traveling. The whole setup of the bike is meant for racing not for cruising. At least my second generation bike is. I have heard the first generation bikes are easier to ride. For long distances. I find it very difficult to even go 100 miles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice

Her's my '08 Fazer

That is a very cool looking bike! You euros sure get better looking bikes then we Americans do. But, the bike is met to be a naked bike. In the US we have to have a windscreen. In Europe I have noticed that the bike is completely naked in the front too. I really like that look a lot better. But alas, it is illegal to have a bike like that here in the states.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I like the look of Pacman's bike.
Well here's mine, I've had her since 2009.

Attachments

Reactions: Sactown2008

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2008

Bought mine on 2/11/12. 1st owner blinged it, rode it for 151 miles, then traded it in for a GSXR1000. 2nd owner rode it 2750 miles in four years. I found it on Craigslist a day after my wife said, "Go buy a bike," after shopping for 35 years.

I thought I wanted a Busa, but I love my Red Beast. This is my first motorcycle. I am 59 and conservative, but would love to try some Track Days at Thunder Hill, CA to learn to ride fast and corner. Maybe I've watched too many Youtube videos about the Isle of Man. LMBO!

People ask me about it all the time in parking lots. The kids are grown, 5-8 more years of working and I finally have my bike.

:horse

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Bought mine on 2/11/12. 1st owner blinged it, rode it for 151 miles, then traded it in for a GSXR1000. 2nd owner rode it 2750 miles in four years. I found it on Craigslist a day after my wife said, "Go buy a bike," after shopping for 35 years.

I thought I wanted a Busa, but I love my Red Beast. This is my first motorcycle. I am 59 and conservative, but would love to try some Track Days at Thunder Hill, CA to learn to ride fast and corner. Maybe I've watched too many Youtube videos about the Isle of Man. LMBO!

People ask me about it all the time in parking lots. The kids are grown, 5-8 more years of working and I finally have my bike.

:horse
if you are going to do track days throw away stock rear shock and get a Penske and get the suspension set up for your weight

Reactions: Sactown2008

·
Registered
69 Posts
my 2005 fz1 is becoming hard to start, thinking carbs? choke don't rev high, what to do?

Seafoam is always the preliminary way to go man, that shit will clean your grandma's cookie sheets to a bright shine. I run it about twice a year. Right after i take it out for the new riding season, and about half way through.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts