Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any dyno runs on their little 12's? Be sure to tell if it's stock or modified (and what mods). More info the better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't have any graphs scanned.

'00 12R - 171/96 (stock pipe, cat removed, baffle drilled), K&Ns. 174/93 (Akra pipe, K&Ns, mapped PC3R, different dyno).

'00 12R - 206/109 (Muzzy pipe, K&Ns, mapped PC3R... 1287cc, Carpenter ported head, Muzzy fuel pump, same dyno, same night as 174hp pulls on the stock motor bike).

Both bikes in the faster '00 candy green of course. :D

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Reds faster..

My buddys 02 made 196 ponies and 106 torque 1290 motor muzzy pipe and PC3

Haven't had my bike on the good dyno, just the stingy dyno at the Harley shop..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Smokin Here

2003 ZX12R

The things that have been done to my zx12r,
BMC air filters
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines all of them
Targa Undertail & swingarm hugger cowl
Muzzy Aluminum radiator fans
Muzzy billet reed block off plates
Muzzy exhaust w/ jardine rt 1 slipon
Muzzy inverted steering dampner kit
and last but not least

DYNOJET power commander IIIr :twofinger :twofinger,
and man is this bike :smokin.

Tell me what you think boy's!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
158.7 stock is really good! Very impressive gains too. I can't believe your peaks were at 10.5K and 11K. Mine was only at about 8800.

ZXLNT - I don't get it. What do you mean "the stingy dyno at the Harley shop"? What is it? Most of the dynos in this time are dynos. There is VERY little difference if they are current on upgrades and they are all adjusted to SAE standards.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
The dyno at the Harley shop at that time was a dj 150. 153.2 horsepower is low for a bone stock 12R. Real world horsepower is around 160 give a take a couple. Stock Busa made 152 and change. On the DJ150 with pipe and filters no mapping it made 166.5 or so. On DJ 250 with no changes and on a humid wet day it made almost 174 horsepower. Quite a difference. Same Busa on same humid day same dyno made 162 horsepower. Where did the 10 ponies come from??? So the Harley dyno is stingy as hell. Cause there is no way my buddies 1290 motor is actually up almost 15 ponies compared to my 1270 motor bike. In any case a dyno number is just that. I dont get to riled up on numbers. My bike is almost 30 ponies stronger than a stock one and thats all that counts. A dyno is a tuning tool and the only that things that really count are differences from baseline runs from mod to mod.

But to ramble on some more. Dynos vary seen it too many times...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just bought a 2001 zx12. Got it to the dyno and was surprised at the numbers. 171.2 with just a full Akrapovic exhaust. 174.9 with the power commander. Looking at everyone elses stock numbers, I start to wonder if anything else is done to it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The full Akrapovic is FAR from stock. They are worth anywhere up to 17 HP from people's numbers (w/o the power commander). I've seen 158-160 on here all the time but all the bikes within 300 miles of me have ALL dynoed at 145 or less stock. From everything I've seen on the dj150 & dj250 the only real difference is the ability to brake tune and do both readings but both have innercia dynos and if both have upgraded software, there is supposed to be NO difference in the innercia dyno readings (according to dj).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Zang said:
The full Akrapovic is FAR from stock. They are worth anywhere up to 17 HP from people's numbers (w/o the power commander). I've seen 158-160 on here all the time but all the bikes within 300 miles of me have ALL dynoed at 145 or less stock. From everything I've seen on the dj150 & dj250 the only real difference is the ability to brake tune and do both readings but both have innercia dynos and if both have upgraded software, there is supposed to be NO difference in the innercia dyno readings (according to dj).

Sorry, should have said "others with similar exhaust setups." Even so, it still seems a bit high compared to others. So using your numbers 145+17=162 hp w/o PC. Mine was 171.2 w/o PC so see where my concern come in?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I've heard (173-176 range). I just don't understand the approx 10 HP difference in SAE corrected readings. I know if the barometer readings are off or the temp is off the readings can be high on the correction side. I know mine made about 122 (uncorrected) here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The phrase "dynos vary" means alot.

My old stocker 12R (Akra, PC3R, K&Ns). Made 171/96 with the stock pipe, no PC. When it was mapped with the Akra and PC, it made 170/95 on the SAME dyno. However, it picked up a consistent 3mph at the track, that's real world horsepower. On another machine it made 161rw. On another, it made 164rw. ALL DJ250s. Then, on ANOTHER machine it made 174/93. Dynos VARY... sometimes greatly.

A friend of mine has one of the magic 184rwhp piped/PCd 12Rs. On the same machine my old 12 made 161rw... his made 160rw. No changes, just different machines.

Cause there is no way my buddies 1290 motor is actually up almost 15 ponies compared to my 1270 motor bike.
1287s typically run stronger than 1270s. Depends on what all is done to the motor, and who built it. More specifically, head work and cams. 15hp difference is possible, but only if one has the head/cam set up, and the other doesn't.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn nice Dave! Thanks for sharing! I've never seen a Muzzy 12 that high. Is the pipe and PCIII all that's been done?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Come on! This is pathetic!!! We are supposed to have the most powerful bikes on the planet (stock) and nobody will post? Pussies!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts