Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just bought a straight DR-Z400S yesterday and I am shocked at how much I love that thing. I intend to get street wheels/tires later... but for now I'm just enjoying the view in the rarified air (from dirt bike seat heights) and the thump. What a rush in such a totally different way from my FZ-6.

·
Registered
649 Posts
SnapRolls said:
Just bought a straight DR-Z400S yesterday and I am shocked at how much I love that thing. I intend to get street wheels/tires later... but for now I'm just enjoying the view in the rarified air (from dirt bike seat heights) and the thump. What a rush in such a totally different way from my FZ-6.
You're gonna love it... there are so many mods to squeeze some more power out, but I haven't done any of those yet. I'll save them for a rainy day. and who cares about more power when wheelies come so easy! Since I put knobbies on the bike I haven't taken them off... I'm starting to think I should've bought the S model and converted it to sm later on, but either way, its an ideal set-up to have both wheel-sets in the garage to swap out.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW those are awsome pics..Im trying to possible get 2 one for me and the wife...Where do you guys get all the cool stuff for them..Any links i want to trackday one and build the motor etc...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Eagledriver said:
Where do you guys get all the cool stuff for them..Any links i want to trackday one and build the motor etc...
Thumpertalk.com is where the DRZ gurus hang out... everything from FCR carbs to big bore kits and nitrous shots:) krazy stuff those guys do... I've seen them almost double the stock HP...

·
Registered
331 Posts
stickers have all been removed no reflectors & added white bros full pipe

:banana got one

·
Registered
331 Posts
Stephen072774 said:
You're gonna love it... there are so many mods to squeeze some more power out, but I haven't done any of those yet. I'll save them for a rainy day. and who cares about more power when wheelies come so easy! Since I put knobbies on the bike I haven't taken them off... I'm starting to think I should've bought the S model and converted it to sm later on, but either way, its an ideal set-up to have both wheel-sets in the garage to swap out.
conversion going towards the motard direction is much too costly. forks/rear shock/wheels/brake rotors.... it's much more afforable to do what you've done. congrats on a great bike :bowdown

1 - 20 of 24 Posts