Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Insipired by something someone said in a thread about the 2013 models and people not being able to tell bikes apart without the stickers. Thought that would make for a fun game so I spent about 10 minutes in photoshop and here we go.
Can you tell what each one is? Try to answer without scrolling down to cheat off other peoples answers :p

http://i50.tinypic.com/28b79tg.jpg

Attachments

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Like the idea, but I cant see the pic (probably due to firewall restrictions). How abou attaching the picture?

For what is worth, I can tell apart all F4i and 600rr

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like the idea, but I cant see the pic (probably due to firewall restrictions). How abou attaching the picture?

For what is worth, I can tell apart all F4i and 600rr
Never even noticed there was an attach file option :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Insipired by something someone said in a thread about the 2013 models and people not being able to tell bikes apart without the stickers. Thought that would make for a fun game so I spent about 10 minutes in photoshop and here we go.
Can you tell what each one is? Try to answer without scrolling down to cheat off other peoples answers :p

Ok, I'm not the best at this, but here I go:

1- GSXR 600 (not sure about displacement, but sure about model and brand -Suzuki)
2- Triumph Daytona 675
3- Yamaha R1
4- Honda CBR 600RR
5- Honda CBR 1000RR
6- Yamaha R6
7- Not sure, Kawasaki ZX6, the new 636? Not sure.
8- GSXR 1000 I'm guessing. Looks like a GSXR :)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Ok, my list

1- GSX-R 1000
2- Triumph Daytona 675
3- Yamaha R1
4- Honda CBR 600RR
5- Honda CBR 1000RR
6- Yamaha R6
7- ZX-10R
8- GSX-R 600/750

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Bunch of functionally indistinguishable Japanese sportbikes, all built to exactly the same formulae, plus I assume there's a Triumph hidden in there somewhere.

PhilB

Reactions: The Predator

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Take the decals off an RSV4 and it looks the same from the side as all the jap bikes too.

Yet for some reason people think it's unique...

edit - quick bit of Gimp editing:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

\

This is retarded easy.

1) Suzuki GSXR 1000
2) Triumph Daytona 675R
3) Yamaha YZF-R1
4) Honda CBR600RR
5) Honda CBR1000RR
6) Yamaha YZF-R6
7) Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R
8) Suzuki GSXR 600

Number 1 looked like a Kawasaki ZX6R if you look at the head, but the exhaust is different.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

I'd be that someone, but I didnt only mean the 2013 models. Hell throw in a few from the last 3 years. Blur you eyes a little and those all might as well be the same bike.:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would argue that the most instantly recognizable faired sport bike is probably...
Love it, hate it, you still know what it is when you see it lol.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I would argue that the most instantly recognizable faired sport bike is probably...
Love it, hate it, you still know what it is when you see it lol.

Take off the decals and obvious seat cowl and it looks like a 2012 gsxr1000.

The ducati 1098/848 is my choice for most recognizable. But I follow sportbikes enough to look at just the head and exhaust to instantly know what it is. Aftermarket stuff too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know about the above post but I believe that the RC-51 has the busa on in that arena. I just bought a motorcycle cover brand new that had a RC on the box as the "bike model" for the company. You see these RC's everywhere when looking at advertisements.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't know about the above post but I believe that the RC-51 has the busa on in that arena. I just bought a motorcycle cover brand new that had a RC on the box as the "bike model" for the company. You see these RC's everywhere when looking at advertisements.
Every time I see the RVT thing on the side of the RC51 I think of this:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I'm definitely in the category of people who need stickers and badges to recognize a lot of bikes! I looked through those pictures and could only pick out the Daytona with absolute certainty... and that was only because of the new incredibly ugly 'eye shadow' they gave the new model. :eek:nfloor

I know I'm not alone here either... At least judging by how many people, including knowledgeable (I would assume) riders at track days, would have no idea I was on a Ninja 250. Most would guess it was some type of 600 (well, I was pretty suspect once they saw me in the straights though!).

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'm good for 6 out of 10 of those and the four I don't know are just because I don't know the displacement... because I don't give a fuck about suzuki or honda.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Wait a second, I thought everyone was saying they couldn't tell the difference, you are ALL wrong!

/sarcasm

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
Except that the RC-51 has dual exhaust, and when looking from the front (of course not noticeable in this pic) it has ram air in between the headlights. Not to mention the radiators on the sides.
And has inverted forks, the aluminum (cage style) fairing stay, dual exhaust with ridiculous angle, swingarm, and the rear cowl.

If anything, it looks more like 929/954, and even then, its not close enough.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts