Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello riders...
I just wanted to stop and get everyone to take a minute to remember ALL those of us who have fallen and no longer with us! We should all thank God for our safety and protection, And ask for his support!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thats prolly one of the best threads i've seen here in a while. I pray everytime I ride for a safe return. Seems to be a lot of reports of motorcyclists dying lately. Ride safe everybody. May God keep us all safe and in one piece.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
This thread is useless preaching nonsense. We don't need a whole thread to say "ride safe" on every page of the forum do we?

God won't keep you alive on a motorcycle, that job is yours.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm just saying we need all the help we can get with the shaving, makeup-applying, cd-changing, clothes-checking, cell phone-talking, gps-navigating, movie-watching nuts that drive the 4-wheeled cages every day.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Amen.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
adamf2 said:
I pray everytime I ride for a safe return.... May God keep us all safe and in one piece.
As if God gives a shit about all of us who are already in the top 1% of the world in terms of possessions, leisure and quality of life. When you ride a motorcycle, you CHOOSE to put yourself at the mercy of others.

People are dying as we speak in countries like India and Pakistan in 50C degree heat. These people sleep on the ground in cardboard boxes. They are at the mercy of no one. NO ONE cares about them! NO ONE!!! Not even god it seems.

So do you really think your little "God be with me while I ride this motorcycle and keep me safe..." makes any kind of difference?

Maybe something along the lines of "God I'm going to ride a motorcycle today and I'm the luckiest person for that. Thank you god! Now do you think you could do something about these people in India?"

Most of what I know about my religion was tought to me by my mom. I am not into it anymore but one thing I remember is to never pray for yourself. It is self-serving and incredibly selfish [..oxymoron...] The only exception that I remember was for test. "God help me on that math test". I think I was 12.

BinaryJay! This is your fault. You got me started.... :beer

P.S. God please don't let this beautiful board become one of preaching and an I-found-god resource. Please...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let's all get along

It's great that some people feel comfortable enough to post a thread like this. The sad part is when people seem to be offended by it. If you don't like it then don't look at it. You're allowed your beliefs and I'm allowed mine. It would be nice if those members who wanted to were able to submit a post thanking God for everyone's safety without being attacked for it. That's all I got to say about that.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You just forfeited your Jesus Protection® right there, dparadis, are you comfortable with that? :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jesus told me to bump up my shock preload and fork oil weight.

Then Buddha told me it's fine, leave it alone.

Now I'm really confuzed..

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Sarchi said:
Jesus told me to bump up my shock preload and fork oil weight.

Then Buddha told me it's fine, leave it alone.

Now I'm really confuzed..

so what did confusius say??

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm not so much for the God thing, but I definitely think remembering fallen riders is a good and noble thing. :cheers

Now, :locked

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Now this thread is getting good. I'd like to point out that the title of the thread only hints that it might be religious in nature. If you choose to offer prayer in public, you will have to tolerate comment from those of us with different beliefs, as we tolerate yours. Notice I don't believe that tolerance = silence.

Confucious say "wherever you go, go with all your heart." Ok, I stole that.

I think I'll go donate a little money to help with the push to end extreme poverty in Africa now.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Maybe the call to your god, whether that be god, buddha, confucious, mohammed, or whatever, will make the other driver think. Sometimes all you need is belief that someone else is looking out for you. The other person may not exist(atheism) but as long as that changes your perspective, than it helps. Most times people pray to give themselves hope. Call it fate, but if somebody makes a poor decision, and its your time to go, then your gonna go, no matter what you do. either way this is a moment for fallen riders, not for god or the like. we can remember veterans and other riders. as bikers we band together to get stuff done, and if we band together to remember fallen riders, then so be it.
if we band together to argue about god, so be it as well.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
If someone wants to express their religious belief I have no problem at all. People who are always trashing religion are small minded. As far as people in India, Africa, and every other pissant country go. Screw em. Thats their problem for being born in such a shitty country. Thank God I am lucky enough to live in a country where people care about each other and have a decent standard of living. :neener

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ejworthen said:
If someone wants to express their religious belief I have no problem at all. People who are always trashing religion are small minded. As far as people in India, Africa, and every other pissant country go. Screw em. Thats their problem for being born in such a shitty country. Thank God I am lucky enough to live in a country where people care about each other and have a decent standard of living. :neener

By any chance are you a republican? I am too and we love our country and hate those damn liberals who bash bush and say we shouldn't be in iraq. I know everyone has heard this debate before so I'm done. If anyone would like to continue with this, I willing argue til I blue in the face because its what i believe in.
i apologize for riling people up.

·
Registered
828 Posts
rah7777777 said:
We should all [religious_behavior_1], And [religious_behavior_2]!
I think I'll get by with a diffuse sense of gratefulness and frequent head checks.

ejworthen said:
As far as people [in various places] go. Screw em.
I ... live in a country where people care about each other
:lao

My, how intractably tribal we are...

·
Registered
227 Posts
+1 on thoughts for the fallen! Irrespective of religion!

But saying that, if the big man thinks its my time,!! who am i to argue! my only request is that they make use of my organ donar card and make sure I help somebody else!!

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW, this is not the way i wanted this thread to go. now im fully aware that even some ASS-holes do ride the FZ6, makes me sad to say that, thou! i was not trying to make this a huge religious deal. all honesty i could not tell you what religion i am, i just believe in the man upstairs, and know from past experiences that, that "praying stuff" can save your ass, and i know some of you will not agree and say it was luck, or something, but I know it was not. BUT MY MAIN POINT: just remember those of us who are no longer here, and be thankful for our protection (no religious hints, for you ass-holes!)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Shouldn't you be out somewhere looking for Bush's shoes to lick? :neener

Who else noticed he didn't use the words "Weapons of Mass Destruction" at all tonight?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.