Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's all shop at Sears!!!!!!

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

So I decided to check it out. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.
Here is their answer to my email......................

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Thats great to hear. Alot of people who are getting re-called are coming back to find out that they don't have their jobs anymore. Lost all their wages. Good to see at least one Company still doing that

·
Banned
245 Posts
ive seen this posted maybe 1 or 2 years ago. But in da fiero forum.

Pepboys (parts store) managment was firing military employees when they were coming back from the middle east. I believe theres a link someplace on the internet about it.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Good to see "Corperate America" acutally supporting America and it's employees and not just looking out for their own pocketbooks!!!

This is for all the companies that don't support the troops and make it hard for the returning soldiers when they finally make their way home...... :spank (I just had to use that new smilie)

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
That is kick ass..... i'm sick of hearing about cheap skating companies sending jobs over seas or basing their corporations offshore to avoid paying taxes.... also sick of them treating our troops like crap when they return home

·
Registered
235 Posts
I liked Sears after watching what they did in the Extreme Makeover, Home Edition show, but this is just another reason to give them our business.

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
They already sell Craftsman and have that "no questions asked" policy on broken tools. This is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Craftsman tools KICK ASS... Especially Snap On Ass. Snap On = $5000 Hammer that Air Force buys but don't work to pound nails...

Craftsman Powertools sux. Made by Block n Deckwieser a pLAySkOOl cOmPanY :alky :headbang

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
My dad has some SnapOn tools, but I'm afraid to use them - they're too expensive (and we bought them used). Same thing with Mac. I love Matco ratchets, though, the ones with the smooth handle. They just make work easier on your hands.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Kudos to them!! That is awesome :D

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
rusaccord said:
My dad has some SnapOn tools, but I'm afraid to use them - they're too expensive (and we bought them used). Same thing with Mac. I love Matco ratchets, though, the ones with the smooth handle. They just make work easier on your hands.

Aint that the truth.... Snap on tools are georgeous. But they just arent the type of wench i want in my BOX :D

I won't Hesitate for a second to pick up a Hammer and Beat the piss outta a Craftsman Ratshit using it like a Impact wrench to bust lug nuts off.... But a Snap On... Na uh..

They would never consider replacing a rachet with a thousand hammer dents all up and down its handle.

The Sears guy just snickered and pointed me in the right direction, with a suggestion I might want to pick up there *New 50% More Lug Bustin Action Hammerz* on special today only. There *conviently* kept right next to the rachets displays! :headbang :headbang :headbang

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
They are threatening (sp?) to fire my brother he took 7 days off to go to canada fishing and he told them he might be getting deployed I personally think they are a bunch of :asshole's that can :blowme if you want my .02!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sometimes I try to impress my friends by saying I shop at that ultra exclusive men's fashion store calle "Seharz". But then they realize I just mean Sears.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was suprised to see they took my suggestion to heart when they added blue SEARS shopping carts. I always hated having to carry each and every thing I bought there out to the car in a bag or up on my shoulder. Able to buy more than one thing at a time is really how I like to shop. Extreme makeover home addition rocks! Makes my weekend warrior efforts seem weak. My wife knows the a friend of the family that had the SUV remodel the front of their home. It was a wreck before that by the looks of the furnature.

·
Registered
681 Posts
that's cool....and I love my craftsmen tools....they break and you get new ones for free, no questions!

·
Registered
31 Posts
there are a few companies that do that.

Bellsouth (whom I work for)
1. pays you the difference between military pay and your normal pay.
2. all benefits remain
3. This is for the reserves and if you go active duty as well covering anything related including all training (Basic, AIT, Airborne ect...) and any delpoyments
4. no time limit

When I go thru basic, Warrant Officer School, and Rotary Wing Training next year I wil be gone intially about 50 weeks, my boss all the way to VP level is all for it and totaly supportive.
Companies like this allow people liek me to support our Country wihtout worrying about taking a 30,000.00 annual pay cut.

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts