Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST when you think you've heard every excuse for an accident:

Police: Driver Who Asked Jesus To Take The Wheel Hit Motorcyclist « CBS Cleveland

Usually when someone says “Jesus take the wheel” it’s meant to help them through a rough patch in life.

But police say an Indiana woman took the phrase literally on July 11th, when she took her hands off the steering wheel as she was driving.

The Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette reports 25-year-old Prionda Hill told authorities she let go of the wheel because “God told her he would take it from here.”

Unfortunately for Anthony Olivery, her car veered off the road and slammed into his motorcycle, throwing him to the ground. Then the car ran over him.

·
Are we not men?
9,005 Posts
The sad thing is that she has probably produced offspring already.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I've had multiple girls tell me that when they started to lose control (I believe both times was due to heavy rain) they let go of the wheel. Both of them wrecked obviously. I swear thats just how women drive

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I've never had one tell me that. I've had the opposite. Ex GF shouted "FUCK OFF JESUS" when we nearly ate it in her Corrolla the one day.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I've had multiple girls tell me that when they started to lose control (I believe both times was due to heavy rain) they let go of the wheel. Both of them wrecked obviously. I swear thats just how women drive

No, it isn't. That's how timid drivers drive, whether male or female, though maybe there are more timid female drivers because of the way girls are often raised.

I'd much rather deal with an aggressive driver. They are more predictable. Timid drivers piss me off more than any other kind.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Even the most timid "I fucking hate driving" people I know do not pull their hands off the wheel. if anything they grip it like a safety railing and don't steer enough.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I've seen both. Though never with an expectation that a deity would take over. :lol. It's usually just because they were startled and then grabbed the wheel again.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
remind me to refuse to drive with those people.

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
When she let go of the wheel she must not have prayed hard enough. Because you know, that praying stuff works great for situations like that.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
can we take this as conclusive proof that God/Jesus is either apathetic or just doesn't exist?

·
Registered
269 Posts
can we take this as conclusive proof that God/Jesus is either apathetic or just doesn't exist?
On the contrary, I'd say it's definitive proof he exists and is a malicious, murdering bastard. He said he'd take over and promptly ran the rider down. He is indeed vengeful*.

*Yes I know the vengeful one was the Old Testament one and not Jesus, but it's better this way.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
On the contrary, I'd say it's definitive proof he exists and is a malicious, murdering bastard. He said he'd take over and promptly ran the rider down. He is indeed vengeful*.

*Yes I know the vengeful one was the Old Testament one and not Jesus, but it's better this way.
it is. Jesus was the hippy son of a drill Sargent father.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
At least before the son guy showed up, there wasn't a hell, or demons running around, or a devil, or original sin (technically not part of what the son guy said, but it is strongly implied.).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts