Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have my fz6, looking at mods to do to it, I like the pod lights, wondering what pa/us dot statues say for modding my turn signals... is it legal etc... also what about blue leds on the bike for lighting it up at night. anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
voglster said:
Well I have my fz6, looking at mods to do to it, I like the pod lights, wondering what pa/us dot statues say for modding my turn signals... is it legal etc... also what about blue leds on the bike for lighting it up at night. anyone have any thoughts on this?
Turn Signals are not required in PA according to the AMA, however I do not know if there are any laws if they are present.
http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=PA

As far as the blue LEDs you can check this out:
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344385

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont know how legal it is, but my husband just changed out his turning sig with those after market windshield squirters with yellow led's. He has a Buell xb12r.You can see them ok from behind but you can't see the front ones. He'll have to do something else in the front I guess. It was a pretty cool idea i think

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yup

voglster said:
Like others have said, PA doesn't even require turn signals.

And if it makes you feel better, I have an FZ6, I did the pod light mod (leaving my regular turn signals in place), and they didn't say anything when I got it inspected. If anything, I feel that it adds visibility to the bike, since there are now extra lights flashing.

But, if you plan to add the pod lights and remove your regular turn signals, I'd vote against it, since the pod lights are too narrow and too close to the bright headlights.

I'm sure it comes down to how cool your inspection dude is. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts