Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the first response I'm anticipating is, "screw legal, get what ya want and find someone to slap a state inspection sticker on it!"
The second response I'm anticipating is "State Inspection? I've been riding without an inspection for years."

Well, I'd like to keep it legal, since a few jurisdictions of local police around here are looking for an excuse to pull you over, and an invalid or missing inspection sticker is an excuse.
So....anybody know which types/styles/brands would be legal in PA? I read somewhere that the center to center spread between marker lights has to be 8.5 inches, and clear lenses are illegal.
Thanks for any help.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Here's a response you weren't expecting. LEAVE YOUR LIGHTS ALONE! There is a reason the flushmount blinkers aren't legal, do you really want to make yourself even less visible to cagers who already can't see you as it is. I never understoof the fascination with the flush mounts. But hey do what you wanna do, alot of people have them and don't get pulled over. I've ridden through PA with some friends, we got pulled over twice just going through the state, they ALL had flushmounts and the cop didn't say anything, could be because we were out of staters though.

I say just leave your lights as is, but flushmounts seem to be all the rage right now :confused:

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
ive never heard of a cop bitching about flushmounts. inspection is no big deal, you can still get it inspected with flushmounts on. hell, i have no rear blinkers at the moment

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have flushmounts on the front of my bike and guess what- they're brighter than the stock stalks! and they look a hell of alot better.....

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
In Mass. near me there are police that will ticket you for flushmounts. You can not be inspected with them either here. Some will let shortstalks pass, but technically there are not legal b/c theu are not DOT.

Plus since everyone is tossing in their opinion, I think that flushmounts look like cheap crap on a bike.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Get flush mounts, stock blinkers are ghey. In texas I don't even think you have to have blinkers, since you can single with your hands, at least that's what the dealership told me where i bought me bike, and they also did inspections there. I don't have any rear blinkers right now, been to busy to put my aftermarket ones on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think the Lockhart Phillips type I are DOT approved.. The shortstalks are actually much harder to see than the type I's I have (4 total). I was behind a 748 with short stalks and you could barely see the light cause the bulbs are increadibly small but with my type I they're as bright as stock or brighter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The newest Katana 600 has flushmounts....so it is plausible that they are legal....however I tend to agree with the others here, why make urself even less visible? The ones with a stalk actually do serve a purpose, go figure.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
they are fine in Pa I have them never had a prob with inspection or cops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts