Sport Bikes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sadly enough, most people really aren't competent enough to drive the vehicles they own. Most of the people driving SUV's should be driving Yugo's IMO. I would guess (hope) that the person in the other car didn't drift into your lane so much because they didn't know you were there, but rather because they were so afraid of hitting the median which was, in fact, a good 4 feet from their left side. They just couldn't see it when sitting 18 feet up in the air in their Excursion. :)

But regardless of their intentions, the fact remains that you were put in an uncomfortable situation. 2 things to consider and to hopefully make you slightly more comfortable. 1 is that you're MUCH smaller than a car. With two lanes there, that Monstrosity, I'm sorry, Excursion, can comfortably take up 1.75 lanes (and probably will) and still not run you over. But that's probably not a place you want to be. :) So either slow down and let them get by, or accellerate and get out of their way.

Being that we're all crotch rocket riders here, I personally generally select the accellerate option. :) But only do what you feel confident doing. (If you don't feel comfortable accellerating in a turn, then DON'T! :) )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.