Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I read a post about putting LED's in your Passenger Pegs for turn signals on here a a few weeks back.

For the life of me I can't seem to find the thread.

Any one know a good place to buy the stuff or a good place to have it done? Looks easy enough to do if I can find all the parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
kramer,

i've been thinking about doing this mod also but i wanted to see it on a bike before i put in the effort....i did a search on ebay and found some guy who will do the job for like $60 if i remember right. just do a search on ebay and it should pop up. if you do decide to do it, let me know because i wanna see. i'm over in bridgetown/western hills but usually ride in the colerain area.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats cool. I saw it on a coworkers bike a few days ago. I too wanted to see it on a bike first. I was kinda concerned they wouldn't show up during the day. But they showed up just fine. He had 6 LED's in his. I think I would probably put in 8 or 10. My only concern with them is what if you have some one on the back? I think there legs might cover them up. Although I hardly ever ride doubled up, so its not a huge issue, but is in the back of mind mind.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I can't remember the guy you buy them from, but I bought some LEDs off ebay imported from Japan (that makes them better :neener ) with the resistors for something around $2.60 shipped. I wouldn't pay some guy $60 to do a job that costs less than $5 to do yourself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you can manage to fit them, superflux LEDs are about 20x brighter than standard 5mm LEDs. Of course, you have to buy them in bins of 60 unless you can find someone who is selling them on ebay or something like that in smaller quantities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts