Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a 2005 Gsxr600 and am looking for an LED brake light kit. My dad wants me to get it for protection, so cars can see me better when braking etc. Anyways, my one friend on his zx6r has a vfx kit which is pretty cool and makes a bunch of different designs. I plan on keeping all the junk that dangles on the back (turn signal, license plate) on so i am just looking to replace the brake light to where it does something when i brake like flash a few times and then is a constant shine if you know what i mean. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks, Kyle

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can get led bulbs to replace yours that would make it brighter, and I think they use a module that makes the brakes flash a few times then come on full. I see them quite a bit on harley's. I believe denniskirk sells them but theres probably a lot of places you can by that module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh woops than forget that part lol...i saw a picture of a bike with the big turn signals attached to the bottom of the rear right under the light and the big license plate bracket and stuff taken off...so i dont need any turn signals integrated into it...I just need something like a vfx kit or anything to make the braking more noticeable. Whether it is a little module or replacing the whole stock brake light....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most aftermarket LED kits are harder to see in the daylight than stock

You're better off getting a light modulator and have them flash when you put the brakes on.

·
Registered
488 Posts
speedtuners said:
The STOCK light on a 2005 gsxr is already an LED :nuts
ha, took the thoughts from my mind.. Anywho, If you do a google search I'm sure you'll find many places with that lil module. I was lookin for it too, ran across a few good sites, dont remember where though.. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
speedtuners said:
The STOCK light on a 2005 gsxr is already an LED :nuts

yeah...my friends say my stock lights are hella bright!

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ur bike is newer and better than mine so it should be able to do what mines does. Which is.... I can pull the lever slightly and it will click and my brake light shines. Cant you just get into the habit of knowing a car is behind you and just flash your own lights a few times before you hard brake.

Really wouldnt be any difference since if you needed to brake hard you wouldnt flash your lights, you'd just brake. IF you had a modulator blink your lights for you, you'd still would be doing a hard brake and you'd be stopping before they even saw your lights blink.

Invest in some of the Nighthawk lights sponsered above for night riding.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nighthawk? Do you mean night stalkers and if you do, those are illegal unless parked in a lot states.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
Ur bike is newer and better than mine so it should be able to do what mines does. Which is.... I can pull the lever slightly and it will click and my brake light shines. Cant you just get into the habit of knowing a car is behind you and just flash your own lights a few times before you hard brake.

Really wouldnt be any difference since if you needed to brake hard you wouldnt flash your lights, you'd just brake. IF you had a modulator blink your lights for you, you'd still would be doing a hard brake and you'd be stopping before they even saw your lights blink.

Invest in some of the Nighthawk lights sponsered above for night riding.
You don't commute on your bike, do you? It's not only about telling a cager that you're braking, it's about telling him that you're there. I installed some strobes in my taillight - F3s come with these "ears" in the lens that are empty and don't get used, so I stuck them in there and now they flash red. Continously. Guess what? I've been riding in the rain, and/or heavy traffic a lot lately, and I've noticed people behind me braking sooner AND stopping farther away from my rear tire at a light. People notice me now a lot sooner than they used to, and that's a great thing.

I agree that it takes no trouble to click on the lever a couple of times for the same effect, and I do this a lot when stopped at a light (and there's a car bearing down on me from behind) or when I know I am gonna have to stop pretty soon, but for $40 you can get a Back OFF! module that will do it for you. Then you can concentrate on more important things like escape routes, grease on the pavement, and the pretty girl in the skirt standing on the sidewalk :neener

Try www.ridesafer.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts