Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I might be in the market for some new leathers. I have a black and yellow red bull replica race jacket and I want something new so if anyone is interested ill shot you some pics its in mint shape. What I want is a good quality jacket that I could get pants with if I wanted. I saw a rider the other day with a read and black I thought maybe tecnic that had the protector on the back like you see the AMA riders wearing. That was the first one Ive seen someone wearing so if anyone knows were to get those or the company that makes them post a link to the site. Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
not sure how much you were looking to spend, or how soon you needed this, but I can highly recommend Helimot leathers. They're pricey, and take a while to make (all custom made) but they fit and look great. I believe they've still got a shop in San Jose, CA. http://helimot.com/index.shtml

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
pfd53 said:
I saw a rider the other day with a read and black I thought maybe tecnic that had the protector on the back like you see the AMA riders wearing.
Just letting you know, it's a common misconception that the "hump" is for protection. It can provide some protection I'm sure, but the primary purpose of it is aerodynamics, keeps turbulence down as the air passes over your helmet and back in full tuck position.

Also, check out kneedraggers.com for leathers. Or if ya wanna spend a little more, look into a custom fit 2pc Barnacle Bills suit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! Thats something I never knew about the hump I guess I thought it was always for protection. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
yamamike said:
for around $600
Not quite. Probably $900 at least, about the same as BB. Mine came out to about $1300 I think with all the bells&whistles (including the ultra-cool hump :twofinger )

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's funny 'cause my friend got two pairs and each was about $600, maybe they were on sale. Bet that hump makes you ultra cool and fast.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Yeah, your friend got a great price, especially if they were custom fit. And if it weren't for my hump I dunno how I'd keep up on group rides :grinbounc

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
$600 was for prolly off the shelf w/ a few alterations. i chose BB as well after i did a poll on the WERA BB, Vansons was top ranked but $1400 vs $1000 for BB, #2 in the poll. i;d recommend BB but both are very good

BB www.racingleather.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts