Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Curious If Any One Knew Where Any Cheap Leathers Are. Or If Any One Has Any For Sale. Let Me Know. I Would Like Red Ones If At All Possible.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
What is your height and weight?

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
Now there's two words that should not be used in the same sentence. CHEAP and LEATHERS! When it comes to protecting your body. Spend the extra dough. It will pay fir itself after one fall. Skin graphs and ER bill aren't cheap.
Just click on my link to SYED leathers, you won't be disapointed.

·
Plunder, THEN burn!
314 Posts
I agree with Jen, but not everyone can plunk down so much money at once. SYED suits are pretty nice. I also like the Kobe suites from www.1888fastlap.com, but both of those places will use up most of a $1,000 bill.

I found www.parts411.com had the best prices for the 'one-crash' suits (as MR. Syed calls them). They 'can' be repaired, but not often.

I paid $500 for a AGV 2-piece Talon suit. Fits well. I fit off-the-rack anyway, but go to the particular manufacturers website and see how to measure yourself to make sure things fit before you buy. Look for the following characteristics in a suit, whatever you get:

* 1.5mm cowhide -or- 1.1mm kangaroo
* Double and triple stitched seams in impact areas - most have this- keeps suit from exploding on impact
* Perforated legs and torso (optional but highly recommended)
* Armor in shoulders, elbows and knees
* YKK zippers. Extra points for 'steel' zippers! Some use plastic ones. Another reason these suits are called 'one-crash' suits!

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im Not Looking For Cheap Quality. I Just Want An Inexpensive Pair To Wear For A Couple Track Days To See How I Like It. The Track That Is. And I Dont Want To Get In Too Deep. I Am 6'1 And 155lbs. Maybe A Used Pair Red Perferably But I Cant Be Too Picky.

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
Well if you are just "trying out" the track. You can rent a suit there. $50 Just tell them you need one when you sign up. There is a great trackday coming up on the 18th and 19th of June at Jennings. See the Sixx trackday thread.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have a Red/blk/white Joe rocket leather jacket and some black leather Yamaha bottoms that make a nice 2peice suit. I've worn the jacket many times (been down in it 3X and not the 1st rip or tear) but have only worn the pants maybe 4 (Still look brand new). These aren't cheap leathers!!! I bought the jacket for $280 and the pants for $180. Getting rid of them b/c I'm trying to clean some things out of my garage. ($200) for both. Also if anyone wants a 99R1 let me know.

·
---SNIPER---
183 Posts
Blah, blah blah, I have a used set, broke in nicely a couple times, leathers and boots are right in your price range!!! And they are ur size. I sent you a PM. You can call me. And yes they kept me from skin graphs as well. They don't do crap for preventing broken bones though. Then again, none of them do!!!

X

·
Registered
387 Posts
R6RIDER1 said:
Im Not Looking For Cheap Quality. I Just Want An Inexpensive Pair To Wear For A Couple Track Days To See How I Like It. The Track That Is. And I Dont Want To Get In Too Deep. I Am 6'1 And 155lbs. Maybe A Used Pair Red Perferably But I Cant Be Too Picky.

:lao 6'1 and 155.......you can have one of my condoms, it should fit over your entire body and leave you some breathing room :lao come on man eat something or stop smoking crack :neener Im just scewing with ya, I hate to plug SKY but Lakeland has a full suit for $400 brand new, its worth looking at, thought about getting it myself if I did not have so much Beef with them.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
If your just "tryin the track" you could also go to kneedraggers.com and rent them for a weekend. I did this b4 I bought my own suit and worked out well for me. I think it was like $100 for the 2 days. It was a nice Joe Rocket suit practically brand new until I got a hold of it :lao . Went down wit it on and they never called or billed my card for it. Not much damage was done to it though. My fiance cleaned it up real nice :)

·
I'm A Naughty Girl
837 Posts
R6RIDER1 said:
Thanks Guys For All Of The Help And Feedback. Found A Set Of Leathers And Boots.
Does this mean your be using those leathers on Sixx's trackday? We can get your bike there. This is going to be a great weekend. :banana

June 17-19 ride on Sat/Sun. Just hitch a ride with someone, or if you have a truck, just put the bike in the back and come on out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts