Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I seem to be right in the middle between a 46 and a 48 (read – I really should be in a 46) so I have both Komodo 46 and 48’s at my house. I can squeeze into the 46’s but its pretty tight; tight enough to question whether or not I could get them zipped while wearing the back protector. I haven’t tried yet since I just opened the box a half-hour ago.

The 48 seems to fit good on the upper body and I’m sure I could get it on with the back protector but the legs seem to be an inch or so too long to my ankles, and the lower half of the suit is a little big in general from the hips down.

The 46 fits nicely on the whole lower body and seems correct for height to shoulders – I’m just a little too FAT for it. Knowing it will stretch a tad and that I should drop a few pounds anyway (probably did sweating while I was trying to get it zipped – 10 minutes or so!!!) should I go with the 46 for “motivation” or wear the suit that fits now with the back protector and live with the legs feeling a tad big?

Any advice…other than the obvious sarcasm about laying off the cheeseburgers???

· Registered
4,314 Posts
im pretty much like you. i wear a 44 but could fit a 46. either way the suit is too long for me. the 44 fits perfect waist down but the upper part is too small. ive been wearing it for a while now and it has stretched alittle bit. id say go with the tight fit and slim down. thats my plan.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
46 it is...

Well the decision was pretty much made for me...the 48 is just too long. There is so much material at the ankles I can't get my boots around them. If I pull them up high enough to get the boots closed then the knee armor is out of place and material is way bunched up around my thighs.

I did get the K-LT zipped up with the back protector on and managed to get the suit on and off by myself so I'll be wearing that this weekend.

One thing I must say Komodo gear is super high quality (I now have their boots, gloves, back protector, K-LT suit, undersuit, and sliders) and the company's customer service is the BEST! They sent me both suits after I placed my order for one and all shipping was free ground. They called me immediately after I asked questions on their site and were very helpful with everything. if you're looking for new leathers check thm out at: KOMODOGEAR.COM

· Registered
4,314 Posts
i know barnacle bill alters suits and ive heard good things about his suits. i talked to him over the net and he stated he could alter any suit it just needed to be b***** vs smaller because u cant add extra material. my suit is too long and i have to stuff the legs into my boots pretty far. id consider altering it but i wanted to keep it the same just in case i try and sell it later.

i have a couple friends that wear komodo and they really liked them. ive got a speed and strength.

· Premium Member
6,687 Posts
tighter the better. I'm on the edge of 46-48. All the size charts put me in a 48 but I wear an a* 46. its plenty tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.