Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming non-perf leather pants would be good for temps lower than 60, but how much lower? I had textiles last year and they seem to block the temps out pretty good, was just curious bout leather pants.. and perforated too.. I'm guessing perforated track pants like those from A stars would be freezing anywhere below 60??

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah, textile is ALWAYS better at lower temps. Perf'd leather is good to about 60-65 for prolonged periods of time. Solid leather MAYBE 50 degrees. It's not much warmer, just doesn't flow air.

Textile can be pretty comfy all the way to the 20's and 30's with a good liner.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My experience with jackets, for what its worth, is that leather is good for riding in 10 degree lower temps than my textiles are. I found that I need a heated jacket liner with my "cold weather textile jacket" at 30-35F, whereas I don't use the liner with leather until its closer to 20F degrees. I'd think pants would be similar.

·
Registered
917 Posts
It depends on the pant. A lot of "four season" or winter textile pants have liners that are meant to keep you warmer. I'm not aware of any leather pants, solid or otherwise that have thermal liners, although I never did an exhaustive search on that, but some of them have a wind/waterproof liner. I have a leather/mesh hybrid jacket with a thermal liner (REV'IT Ignition), but it is just a vest. My Horizon suit by REV'IT has a thermal liner throughout the entire jacket and also in the pants (both removable).

You can look into getting leather overpants with a heated liner. Nothing is going to beat that for warmth.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Dianese makes at least a one-piece and two-peice. Though these are more race fit and not really for winter riding. You could also mix and match some overpants, some of which I'm sure aren't perforated, and a non-perforated leather jacket.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought some snow mobile bibs that fit over whatever I am wearing for those extremely cold rides.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts