Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learned a bunch of lessons whilst out riding today:

Lesson 1) A Ninja 250R can wheelie fairly easily if you dump the clutch from a slight roll.

Lesson 2) The CHP does not like it when you pop a wheelie past them.

Lesson 3) "It's a 250! I didn't know it could wheelie!" will not get you out of a ticket. The ticket is for "exhibition of speed" or something to that effect.

Anyone ever get something similar? Any luck fighting?

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Two point ticket. CHP's usually show up to the court but in general 33% of cops dont show up for court. Just tell them you had a mechanical problem in court...its your best defense.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Now that I'm actually LOOKING at the ticket, he only wrote me up for speeding. Guess he was trying to scare me with the speed exhibition stuff.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
You got lucky. A bad attitude would have made it a three point ticket (2+1). I've gotten those warnings and Ive taken them very seriously. You can get them in cars also.

I have a ton of experience fighting tickets. Cops dont show and with this economy, PD's and other agencies seem to not want to spend money for cops to waste in court. Most people plead guilty anyways so they dont care anyways for the 1% that fight them.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never done a wheelie.
TBH, I hadn't done one on the 250 before yesterday either. I was playing with clutch drops in a parking lot, and then tried one on an empty stretch of road. Right by the cop that I failed to see. Oops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts