Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’m looking for a little advice. I had my local dealer do a valve job and after I picked it up I noticed it was leaking oil. I got a ride to the dealer and they gave me extra oil so I could add a little then drive back over. After dropping it off I get a call saying it was just a loose fastener and that it hardly lost any oil. When I came to pickup the bike they informed me that we were lucky the oil I added didn't blow out any seals due to it being overfilled. So I have the bike back and guess what its leaking again! so before I take it back I decided to take off the fairing and see what the deal is myself. I found a little clean looking oil dribbling down the side of the head, I wiped it off and started it up to see what happens. It slowly leaked oil out of the valve cover gasket, it would appear its only happening on this side of the engine (couldn’t find any evidence on the other side). The guys at the dealer are great and I’m sure if I trail it back over there they will take care of it but I’m at a point where I would be willing deal with it myself to save the trouble.

Looks like I just need to remove the tank and then will I be able to remove the valve cover and reseat the gasket? maybe add some gasket fix goo? any suggestions would be appreciated it sure would be nice to go for a ride tonight!

Sorry for the long post!

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
yeah, it's not hard to fix, but i would take it back to the dealer and have them do it. That way THEY are held liable if anything happens.

I'm all for doing EVERYTHING myself, but if you get service done for FREE? You can't argue with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.