Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a very small oil spot the last 2 times I've ridden to work. But what is strange is that I've never seen it anywhere else: no spots in garage etc... could it have something to do with turning it off before the fan stops? ...or maybe it just doesn't like me going to work!

thanks.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Next time, try to see where it's coming from before you move your bike. Is it definitley oil?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure it's oil. i dabbed my finger in it. looked/smelled like oil. the spot was located pretty much mid-way between the wheels where the rubber hoses come down.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Do you think it came from one of the rubber hoses? My bike has a drainhose to allow oil to drain from the airbox. But it's the only hose of the three that has a little catch can on the end of it to keep oil out of the path of the rear tire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure. maybe. if not from one of the hoses i don't know where. yea, that's not a comforting thought to think of it on the tire.

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
I haven't looked real hard, but I believe that the 2 hoses in the left fairing by the kickstand are for fuel (vapor & overflow).

If your oil filter, or drain plug was a little loose it would travel back on the bottom of the motor a bit, maybe between the wheels.

Just something else to check :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. i'll give it a look... doesn't explain why it's only happened twice at work, but there's nothing in the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts