Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me a good estimate for riding time (not insane) from Lawerence to Olathe. I'm going have to start taking classes at KU here soon and I want to know what to expect and if going three time a week on a cycle isn't going be a pain in the ass

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i know on my 250, i took me about 30 minutes from olathe to lawrence at Jacks :) (where I first met King and ZTs...damn I was a noob then wasn't I boys? :D)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ya about 25 to 30 min to get into town, then about another 15 mins to get up onto campus and parked. You will want to ride the bike for sure. Much easier getting a parking place close to class.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blueyedevil said:
Ya about 25 to 30 min to get into town, then about another 15 mins to get up onto campus and parked. You will want to ride the bike for sure. Much easier getting a parking place close to class.
yeah that was another question I have do they have specific cycle parking on campus, do I have to buy a specifc pass?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
yeah i would say 45 min or so to get to town and on campus plus whatever time it takes for you to get on the highway to start. i would give yourself an hour plus the time it takes to get out of olathe just to be on the safe side until you get used to the traffic flow and find the quickest routes for you to get to where you need to be on campus

·
Registered
531 Posts
EricKC said:
yeah that was another question I have do they have specific cycle parking on campus, do I have to buy a specifc pass?
They have parking for motorcycles. It's alot easier for motorcycle because you can usally park colse to whatever building you have class in and walk. If you drive.. :lol ...well lets just say make sure your wearing some comfy shoes that day. As for the passes im not sure if motorcycles have to have them or not.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Motorcycles require permits... its only 10$/yr if you already have a car permit.. not sure the regular price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah, those time estimates are pretty close to what I found too. I paid 68$ for my parking pass..but that was last year...ku prices just go up and up. You can't beat the parking for motorcycles. With the crazy gas prices I've saved 500- 600 $'s a year in gas alone. Just watch out for those bugs...they grow'em big in desoto :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts