Sport Bikes banner

Last ride of the season?

651 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  big_slacker 
#1 ·
After being in Vegas for the last 5 years I just moved back to Tahoe. I went on my first ride back up here and possibly the last of the season since it gets cold tomorrow.

After all the flat straight stuff and heavily patrolled twistes in sin city it was so refreshing to hit the light traffic, twisty, sweepy mountain roads around my home. There is literally no way out of tahoe that isn't a twisty mountain road that most riders would travel hours to ride.

I was taking it slow since I haven't ridden real corners in a while, but even so it was awesome to be back in the saddle again.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice scenery man!

I think I'm done for the season as well. They replaced the water and sewer mains in the courtyard I need to roll my bikes through to get from my porch to the parking lot, and it's nothing but mud now. It'll have to be one hell of a nice day to get me to take the bike through the front door of the house... Ahh well, this season was pretty much a bust with the wife pregnant and then the birth of our son. Better luck next year...

#6 ·
I live by the beach. It was about 90 yesterday near Santa Barbara, and about 80 here, 90 miles north of Santa Barbara. What do you mean last ride? It's only going to rain once or twice this year, it's an all year round deal here. And if it rains too much to ride the streetbike, the YZ450F can handle anything Mutha Nature throws at us.

#8 ·
Zephyr Cove NV=South lake tahoe, on the non-commie side of the border. :D

The beach is cool, I get that in the summer up here. But I also get to snowboard all winter. And I don't have to deal with smog, traffic, 10% state taxes and an off the charts douchebags per capita rating. :twofinger

#10 ·
fuck you man, it is cold, wet and flat here.

#11 ·
Cool. My brother lives in vegas and always brags about how awesome the riding is and how many pairs of jeans he's ruined by dragging his knees around corners (don't the the 4" sissy strips fool you), but from what I've seen of the place I couldn't agress with you more. Not to mention the place is quickly turning into a ghost town.

#13 ·
This is gonna be my first year in a long time of actually having a 'season' because of course in Vegas you're free to ride crappy roads year round. Although there are two tracks to make up for it.

The closest thing we have here is the fernley raceway which is 2 hours away. But of course there are all the twisties to make up for it.

Pros and cons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.