Sport Bikes banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe we should go together, you can PM me on FB later if you want.
I've been looking into getting it done with Dr. Wang in Nashville "I'm southern KY".
He's got an MD from Harvard and a Doctorates in laser physics from MIT. I thought that was pretty cool. Seems dedicated to his craft. From what I've read he was the first/one of the first to do some of his various procedures. I'm looking at 5k for both eyes. What is your estimate?

----

I'm also toying with the idea of getting it done in S. Korea. I consider Korea to be my second home and I'd love to make a trip back. I could get my tickets and surgery for less than the price of surgery here. I've had 2 surgeries in Korea that went well and my friends have had good experience too.

Possible problems:
One "Korean" friend's surgery went bad and he had double vision afterwards.

When I got contacts once in Korea they didn't know that white people have a more rounded cornea than asians and my lenses didn't fit right. A Korean eye doctor later told me this is what had happened. If some people don't know this then that may be an issue.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I've already went. On Nov. 13th.

Mine was for ALL laser. $4550 for everything, including taxes, and ALL post op visits. But I got $500 off for the month of November, so I paid $4050. $3850 if you use "blades" to make the cornea cut, but higher chance of infection.

Also, "touch up" surgeries are free. If you need to re-correct the surgery they will do it, within the first 2 years. After that, it's $500 per eye, for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've already went. On Nov. 13th.

Mine was for ALL laser. $4550 for everything, including taxes, and post ALL post op visits. But I got $500 off for the month of November, so I paid $4050. $3850 if you use "blades" to make the cornea cut, but higher chance of infection.
Dr. Wang in Nashville does all laser, that's one of the things I was looking for. Are you happy with your results? edit: just read above. glad yours went well.

here's a cool blog about lasik in Korea.

LASIK in Korea? You must be kidding. - Living in Another Language

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You will find it being a small miracle the way you can see. Everything outside will be so crisp and precise.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You will find it being a small miracle the way you can see. Everything outside will be so crisp and precise.
Just thinking about not having to search for my glasses in the morning, not falling asleep with them while watching tv only to find them ganked up under me in the morning, not having my glasses fall off when I work out, not having trouble seeing only to find out my glasses are dirty, and not only being able to see around the edges of my vision where the glasses don't cover, I choke up.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts