Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got this exhaust(LASER "X-treme" Exhaust System Tapered (4 x) on there bike and if so, do they have any pictures/comments on performance/sound etc. I am seriously thinking about getting it but would like to hear some feedback before I do. Can get it here in the UK for about £485 and was wondering whether anybody has seen it cheaper? Any comments appreciated? the tappered pipes look really good!!! :confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
good linkin karoshi. I was too lazy hehehe.

Btw, the one that karoshi gave you is one of on the bike itself, at least that's how it sounds? the one I posted is one from what an onlooker (not on the bike) would hear. But I only shift at like....7-8k

·
Registered
205 Posts
mwellbel said:
Has anybody got this exhaust(LASER "X-treme" Exhaust System Tapered (4 x) on there bike and if so, do they have any pictures/comments on performance/sound etc. I am seriously thinking about getting it but would like to hear some feedback before I do. Can get it here in the UK for about £485 and was wondering whether anybody has seen it cheaper? Any comments appreciated? the tappered pipes look really good!!! :confused:
Hers some more pictures of them on my bike, as for performance , until I fit the BMC air filter and get it on the dyno it is really a subjective thing.

It seems as though the power has been smoothed out throughout the powerband, no drop offs anywhere, I must add that I also have the Power Commander and I am sure that contributes to the smoothnes quite considerably.

There is almost no lag off the bottom or snatch that was there as a stock bike, and it now pulls 2nd gear wheelies with relative ease (light feathering of the clutch helps control the lift).

And the comments one recieves from all different members of the biking community make it worth the purchase price on its own.

I hope this helps in your decision.

Skippy

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK... im sold! had to replace my tires this morning after a Drill bit ripped my back tire up! So bit the bullet and ordered the Lazer pipes..they are going to install them for me tomorrow...yeha!! hope they don't attract too much unwanted attention from the authorites, a couple of guys I know have been pulled over lately for loud pipes. Will post some pics/audio clips when they are in..! ;) roll on tomorrow!! Next toy is the Dyno Power Commander..been an expensive summer so far!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
how much are u guys paying for them in US$ (gotta chk my back accounts, these look hot!)

·
Registered
205 Posts
jesfz6r said:
how much are u guys paying for them in US$ (gotta chk my back accounts, these look hot!)

About $750 delivered.

Skippy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys,
I am the happy owner of a new exhaust system. This is a question particularily for people in the UK. The guys I got to install my new pipes said that the non-race inserts were really quiet and so they installed the Race ones. My bike sounds really good now, alhtough a bit loud and it does its job of warning cars im coming down the outside fabulously. But I am seriously concered about getting pulled over for the noice increase. Are there any guys from the UK that have any advice on dealing with coppers that pull yoiu over for the illegal can, besides being very polite and accomodating? cheers,
Martin

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey mwellbel, probably a stupid answer but do the cans have a BS or E- mark on them? If so then unless they are ultra loud most police will let you off or worse case give you a vehicle rectification notice to have it checked at an mot station to make sure it is legal, by which time you can get it sorted. I haven't heard a case yet from my friends or local bikers about them getting the fixed penalty on the spot for having a marked exhaust that they have taken the baffles out etc.

If the cans are unmarked then you run the risk of a fixed penalty which is £30 each time you get done. I wouldn't recommend race cans although I'm sure loads of people will tell you not to worry and use race cans anyway.

Also worth taking into consideration is where in the UK are you? In London the met police have actually said they are not bothered by loud exhausts and even if you are stopped it is up to each officers discretion about what action to take, so if you're a smooth talker you should be able to blag it :) But some forces are really purging loud exhausts, Derbyshire police are really going at it from what I've heard.

Hope this helped or if not confirmed that I am a total numpty :)

Alex aka. muppet :twofinger

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
When I received the pipes, along came a little laminated card.

On the front of the card, it reads " Homologation Pass " with the exhaust type: X-treme (4x Tapered); Exhaust NRS: 31.4047/31.4048/31.4050; E-NR: e4 2119 Type X0004 JAMA.
On the reverse, it just shows the bike and model year which would be of course, our beloved Fazer/FZ6.

I hope this helps in determining if the pipes are legal in Europe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys,
Appreciate the posts, I am in London and do most of my ridding here abouts so hopefully I will get some nice guys if I get stopped. Going to give it a go, I don't push the revs too much in the City(well not always in anycase ;) ) so hopefully will idle past any cops I see.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
that exhaust isn't a 4-4 system is it? It's like 4-2-4 right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts