LASER ENGINEERING
Exhaust Systems

Oakland Gardens, New York
718.468.4680 voice
718.468.0425 fax
[email protected]
www.fosterrad.com
They are made in Germany by Jamo

Is that who you ordered from? I don't care if they sound like bull-frogs, they look so sweet to me. I don't like the "coffee can" look. Had enough of those ricers with my car racing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just a quick question, why do folks keep covering up their tag when posting pictures?

Skippy

·
Registered
88 Posts
ok mine again back up:

virtualt: I just covered my license plate because here in Belgium it is quit "easy" for someone who works in insurance business to check out the plates and retrieve my address "to pick it up".

It is just something out of precaution...
Question: Can you take a pic of the cat's eyes headlight cover?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Awsome pics....those pipes on both bikes look simply 'marvelous'.

I think it'd be even better if they made a form fitting plastic piece that replaced the stock plastic that goes around the pipes. Cover up some of that underseat stuff you can see if you look directly in.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea....a better form fitting plastic would be nice around the cannons. I just have to take the time to cut off a little bit of it in the middle. I paid around $770 at FosterRads and have had them for about three months. Kinda pricey but those with undertails unavailable for their bikes get Xtremely jealous. It really carries that MV F4 look quite well.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Darn! One of the reasons I bought the FZ6 is the price! Now, looking at all the mods in these threads that "all you guys" make me wanna do to my baby will put me in the f'kn POORHOUSE!!!! Evil! All of you!!! Evillllll!!!! lol lol :banme :drool

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know...I think the exhaust is my final and only necessary mod that I'll spend some change on. I'm pretty content with just the pipes. I wouldn't mind a lower cowl, but that's all aesthetics. The sound is just 10x's better!

Man, this thread was started awhile ago. Glad people are digging into the archives.

·
Registered
341 Posts
thos are beautiful, ordering mine on the 27th already have them pulled at foster rad =P

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Install tips.

You won't be disappointed.

If you're getting the Xtremes, take your time assembling the pipes indoors because that's where most of the time will be spent. Getting the clamps around the pipes without scratching them can be a little tricky. Maybe a layer of grease or petroleum jelly may ease the process. Also, if you don't want the Laser logo showing on the pipes, you can just turn them inside and away from view. Makes it look factory.

Some of the hardware that you need to take out from the bike might be hard to budge. Even harder than the oil filter the factory installed. Be careful not to strip the screws. You might want to use something other than a screwdriver if this is the case. Vise-grips or something similar to grip and turn the head.

I had a friend help me out once I needed to install the finished assembly onto the bike. Those extra set of hands is very helpful in tweaking the pipes into place.

Good luck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I might just let my dealer install them. I know them well. Depends on how frisky i am feeling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts