Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This years FREE, I repeat FREE!!! lakefront airshow is this weekend and I was wondering if anyone is interested in riding down there and hanging out.

Looks like the good stuff doesn't start until 1pm, Blue Angels flying just after 4. . . Oh it's centered around Veteran's Park.

Full schedule of events found here

·
Two Wheel Rider
71 Posts
a saw/heard the practice run's from my window today and it seemed pretty cool. i think it was just the blue angels practicing

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mr_druid said:
Damn planes woke me up at like 3 in the afternoon, the nerve of those people.

Tom.
Pussy....I grew up on Airforce Bases...that shit is music to my ears!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm going to try to make it on saturday, but my msf class gets out 2:30-3. I'm picking my friend up from work @ 4, hopefully we can find a place to park easily.

Anyone know of motorcycle parking, or a good place to find a spot?

·
Registered
401 Posts
It was the blue angels. I was in my back yard when I heard the plans. I thought one was landing in my back yard. I never heard one that loud. I look up (Because it is the smart thing to do when you think something is falling from the sky) I notice 4 angels flying in a dimond formation and a 5 angle doing barrel rolls. It was an awsome site. I am going to try to make it down to the lake on Sunday to watch.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i went down yesterday not to many people there. going again today I'm going to try and take pics we'll see how those turn out Ahh the life of not working :banana

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
funkyninja said:
I'm going to try to make it on saturday, but my msf class gets out 2:30-3. I'm picking my friend up from work @ 4, hopefully we can find a place to park easily.

Anyone know of motorcycle parking, or a good place to find a spot?
LOL, the last act is at 4 its over by 445 or so.. . .I dont think you would see much going that late.

snoflk said:
i went down yesterday not to many people there. going again today I'm going to try and take pics we'll see how those turn out Ahh the life of not working
They are just practicing getting their targets. . .The real show is this weekend (sat and sun).

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I am not sure if your going to be able to get access to this area with the 'fests going on in the summerfest grounds, but I would be willing to bet an absolutely awesome place to watch all of this would be on the summerfest "island." I know I've riden down there with a few of you guys (this is right next to the milwaukee river inlet, across from the sewage treatment plant, with the light house there). If you know how to get there, I would say go! No problem parking (because no one knows about it) and will most likely a better view then from vetrans park! I can try to give directions if you need them, but it's sorta hard to describe unless you've been down in there. I'm going to try real hard to make this, but I sorta have some plans I most likely will not be able to get out of. :(

edit: just saw this is on sunday too! Anyone want to try and meet up on the south side and follow me down to the "island"? Let me know!

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
"Ohh GOODIE - an AIRSHOW... a bunch of slack-jawed yokels entranced by silver, loud, shiney things spewing red, white, and blue smoke to the sounds of 'Rock You Like a Huricane'!!" - Sideshow Bob

Ohhh - loud shiney things - I'll be there!

·
Registered
586 Posts
This Free two-day air show event will feature the United States Navy Blue Angel flight demonstration team, the Sky Diving team of the United States Army Special Forces and other top air show industry performers.

The air show will be simulcast over Newstalk 1130 WISN radio and be heard throughout downtown Milwaukee and beyond. SO PLEASE BRING YOUR AM RADIOS!! The air show portion of the event will be centered around the Milwaukee County Park's War Memorial and Veterans Park. Veterans Park will have the festival component of the event with games, kid's rides, food and drink vendors, and a beer garden run by the Wisconsin Jaycees.
Fly-bys and Airshow (click for printable schedule)

July 16, 2005
Start Performer
11:30 a.m. Military Fly-bys, T-38 Fly-by, C-130 Fly-by 440th, KC-135 Fly-by 128th, US Marine HMH-461, CH-53
1:00 p.m. Star-Spangled Banner/Missing Man; Aerostars Formation Demonstration Team
1:10 p.m. Army Special Forces Parachute Team (Black Daggers)
1:20 p.m. Aerostars Formation Demonstration Team Yak-52tw
1:35 p.m. C-47 Old Spooky Fly-by
1:40 p.m. Two US Navy S-3 Viking TAC Formation Demo Team
1:55 p.m. Red Baron Pizza® Squadron 2 Ship
2:00 p.m. A-10 Demo Team/Heritage Fly-By with P-51
2:25 p.m. F-16, A-10 & P-51 Fly-bys
2:35 p.m. F-16 Demo
3:00 p.m. Michael Hunter; Flight for Diabetes
3:15 p.m. Jeff Mawhinney; Extreme Acro
3:30 p.m. Michael Goulian; Castrol Cap232
3:45 p.m. Red Baron® Pizza Squadron 4 Ship
4:05 p.m. United States Navy Blue Angels

July 17, 2005
Start Performer
11:30 a.m. Military Fly-bys, T-38 Fly-by, C-130 Fly-by 440th, KC-135 Fly-by 128th, US Marine HMH-461, CH-53
1:00 p.m. Star-Spangled Banner/Missing Man; Aerostars Formation Demonstration Team
1:10 p.m. Army Special Forces Parachute Team (Black Daggers)
1:20 p.m. Aerostars Formation Demonstration Team Yak-52tw
1:35 p.m. C-47 Old Spooky Fly-by
1:40 p.m. Two US Navy S-3 Viking TAC Formation Demo Team
1:55 p.m. Red Baron Pizza® Squadron 2 Ship
2:00 p.m. A-10 Demo Team/Heritage Fly-By with P-51
2:25 p.m. F-16, A-10 & P-51 Fly-bys
2:35 p.m. F-16 Demo
3:00 p.m. Michael Hunter; Flight for Diabetes
3:15 p.m. Jeff Mawhinney; Extreme Acro
3:30 p.m. Michael Goulian; Castrol Cap232
3:45 p.m. Red Baron® Pizza Squadron 4 Ship
4:05 p.m. United States Navy Blue Angels
Would you like to volunteer and help bring this phenominal event to Milwaukee?

Click here and tell us how we can contact you.
[email protected]
Have questions? Need help?

American Air Shows, Inc.
6113 Hidden Oak Ct.
Crystal Lake, IL 60012

Phone: (815)444-1075
Fax: (815)479-6423

[email protected]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Rogue6 said:
I am not sure if your going to be able to get access to this area with the 'fests going on in the summerfest grounds, but I would be willing to bet an absolutely awesome place to watch all of this would be on the summerfest "island." I know I've riden down there with a few of you guys ( If you know how to get there, I would say go! No problem parking (because no one knows about it)

ANDY SHHHH that our lil groups secret if you tell them we wont have a spot to hang out. no offense to those not like this but you know how certain people are and can get, that type of stuff will just draw bad attention but hell you found it so do what you want

·
Registered
384 Posts
netboog said:
LOL, the last act is at 4 its over by 445 or so.. . .I dont think you would see much going that late.
She works on Brady, and I was only really going for the Blue Angels since I know I'm not going to make anything else. I might try to hook up with people on Sunday for the first half the show, or so.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I am doing the Edelweiss Cruise and watching it from the lake....Suckas!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Hey so anyone want to go today (sunday)? I'll at the least be heading down that way before 4 to see the Blue A's.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, what time are you heading down there? I would like to check it out.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Andy said about 3:00...

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Ill be at Bastille Days, so Ill see them fly overhead, but probably miss a lot of the cool stuff.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Dude - nice new Avatar!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts