Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night when i was going to work i was at a light and as im going thru the intersection i look in my mirror so i can get ready to change lanes as traffic speeds up.... as soon as i look back at the road the cars in front of me are all slamming on their brakes..... so i had to grab the front and unfortunately the bike went over on the left side. I tumbled off and rolled in the road i think a car almost ran me over. but anyways the damage is minimal looks just like teh frame slider and case cover and the bike feels alright..... i was just pissed that i look away for a second to check my mirror and end up almost rear ending someone.... oh well live and learn i guess

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I did almost the exact same thing about two weeks ago. I think it hurts the ego more then anything else. Ride safe.

·
sHooTer
56 Posts
that sucks balls !!! wel i did the same shit before but i had looked over my shoulder and turned back and they were stoped!! did a mean stoppie and then went over the bars!! that f*ckin hurt!! i was doing about 55mph! i had got some rash on my wind screen and some on my tail the only other thing was that i put a small crack in my sub-frame! fixed it though and she is still riding like a frickin champ!! lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wow! My sympathies on your misfortune.

That's the trouble with a panic stop, sometimes you panic and stop harder than you have to. The number of people locking up the front brake lately has me wondering if there would be fewer accidents if we reverted back to old Harley brakes. On second though, no; those triple discs do come in handy on occasion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
sounds like you slamed the brake when at a slight lean angle..if so then thats what did it. i never even use my mirrors except to see if anyones behind me. when i change lanes its always a look over my shoulder.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I hate brake lockup, just last week a chick flew through the stop sign and I locked up and nearly dropped it on the right side, I was too busy trying to hold it up to get a license plate. But I did notice she was on the phone, dumb bitch.
crash6934..what an ironic name for this post.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sorry to read about your accident, but it looks as if you were riding to close to the vehicle in front of you. Pity of it is so many do this & do not realize it till to late. There is a "safe zone" you should maintain when in town or on the hwy & that will give you plenty of room for emergency stopping even if there is an accident in front of you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Came close to the same thing about 5 days ago.
Checked my blind spot and then looked forward to find people pretty much stopped waiting for someone to make a left (they could have gone already too!).
My back locked JUST before I got stopped so it slid to the left about a foot.

Kinda freaked me out but I had an escape route planned (dodge to the right of the car ahead of me into a little dirt - better than the back end of a Geo).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i normally do keep a safe distance but this time i was getting ready to pass and it was from a stop light so it was the end of the intersection so i didnt really have time to put a safe distance between us. also i usually look over my shoulder but i didnt want to turn my whole head i just wanted to look in the mirror..... i think if i would have turned my head it would have been worse.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are alright, sucks about the bike but at least it can be fixed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts