Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piece of shit hit her then drove off. :boid :boid Driver died at the scene and her passenger is in critical condition.

Back to Star-Bulletin Homepage
Back to Breaking Headlines

Posted on: Friday, July 30, 2004 11:59 AM HST
Fatal hit-and-run snarls morning traffic
A motorcyclist dies and her passenger is seriously injured
Leila Fujimori
[email protected]

A woman driving a motorcycle was killed and her passenger injured in a hit-and-run accident before dawn today on the ramp connecting three freeways in the Halawa Interchange.

Police were questioning a possible suspect, a 23-year-old man, who was found later in Pearl City.

A man driving a black 1995 Mazda 4-door sedan ran over the motorcyclists at about 4:15 a.m. and then fled the scene, said police Lt. Bennett Martin.

The accident happened on the ramp connecting the Koko Head-bound lanes of the H-1 freeway to the H-3 and Moanalua freeways.

The woman driving the motorcycle, 38, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. Her passenger, a 28-year-old woman, was taken to the Queen’s Medical Center in serious condition.

Police closed the ramp where the accident happened as well as the ramp from the Waianae-bound lanes of the H-1 freeway for several hours as they conducted their investigation.

A witness saw the suspect car and reported it to police, said Martin, who heads the Traffic Division’s Vehicular Homicide Section.

Patrol officers discovered the man in his car sometime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m., parked on the side of the road in Pearl City, Martin said.

The man was taken to Kapiolani Medical Center at Pali Momi for treatment.

The freeway ramp closure caused major traffic problems for commuters heading into Honolulu.

“It’s a parking lot,” said KSSK radio traffic reporter Jason Yotsuda at the city’s Traffic Management Center. “Fortunately for us, the private schools and University of Hawaii are not in session yet. It could have been a lot worse.”

To help ease the traffic, the state Department of Transportation director opened the Zipper and High Occupancy Vehicle lanes to all vehicles at about 5:45 a.m.

“We’ll try to do what we can when we have these types of accidents,” DOT spokesman Scott Ishikawa said. “Unfortunately, we’ve had these accidents during the morning rush hour.”

The city’s Traffic Management Center also worked with the signals on Kamehameha Highway through Pearl City and Aiea.

“It worked for a while, until there got to be too many cars,” Yotsuda said.

The shut-down also clogged Farrington Highway through Waipahu, he said.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Burn him. And I don't mean figuratively. We should get it made into law. Everyone can accept that accidents happen. But if you run, we break out the gasoline.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Geeezus! So sorry about the traffic delays!!! People dying and they're mumbling about traffic! :boid
That SUX!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
OMG!! May she rest in peace!!
I hope that catch that azz driver and throw the book at him and get him in jail with a cell mate named Bubba :mad

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news, thanks to some eye witness's at the scene they were able to detain the car and the driver. They believe speed and alcohol were a definite factor. The guy cut off a car and as he was changing lanes clipped the back tire of the bike (2003 Honda Shadow) and ran right over the driver. Unfortantely neither one of the ladys were wearing helmets. I believe the second lady will be okay.

The guy was arrested for fleeing a scene and 1st negligent homicide

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rascus said:
I believe the second lady will be okay.

The guy was arrested for fleeing a scene and 1st negligent homicide
I hope the 2nd lady will be okay. They need to charge him with much more then that.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Glad to hear the 2nd lady will be alright!! That damn driver!!! He needs to be skinned...alive!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
RIP

Ya know what though,you couldn't pay me to ride a bike on that island.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alaska cajun said:
Ya know what though,you couldn't pay me to ride a bike on that island.

Have to agree with you a bit on this. One reason I got rid of my bike. To many young punks out here fashion riding...either that or it's the "biker boyz" wanna be's. If the track didn't suck so bad out here i'd have one

·
Registered
556 Posts
RIP :a2

They should string the driver up by fishing line wrapped around his testicles. :mad:

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest, i'm not sure what for. He didn't suffer any damage really to the car, since he just clipped the tire. He was in the hospital for a few days, just got released the other day

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
ya know, I can't believe this crap.. How could a person run someone over then take off?? I mean, I almost hit a opposum once and freaked out, stoped and made sure that I didn't. ukkkkk! ppl make me sick!

RIP, and Godspeed!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Treatment...heres the recommended teatment for the male patient....They need to take this guy to that police station where they shoved the brooms or batons or whatever it was up that guys arse, repeat the process until they see wood in the guys throat. :angry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts