Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a online female rider friend that was hit a few weeks ago by a moron that blew a stop sign (she was on her bike). The bumper of his pickup tore her right leg up pretty badly. They put it back together and she looked like she was in the clear - healing well, no infections, she finally got to go home. Last night she threw a blood clot that went to her heart. Her heart basically just stopped beating. Her boyfriend sent me an email this morning, his heart is absolutely ripped in two. I don't even know what to say to help him.

Anyway, don't know why I'm posting this. Guess I just need to share grief with other women riders that will understand.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
women or not that hits all of us the same...... my heart goes out to her and the family

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry to hear that.....no matter who it is it still hurts. My heart goes out to her friends and family. RIP

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Godspeed........... :(

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Thats is just horrible!!!!!! So sorry for the loss.
I hope charges are now being brought upon the driver of the car.
May the B/F find strength.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
OMG I'm so so sorry on the loss of your firend. Godspeed.... Her friends a and family are in my prayers. :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
Always sad to hear a fellow rider go down, whether male or female, RIP....

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Lud--so very sorry to hear about your friend :( RIP to her. My prayers are with her and her boyfriend--poor guy.

Just be there for him as a shoulder to lean on...he's going to need it....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone. I forwarded your support to him, although right now it's hard for him to deal with the "riding community". It's not been 24 hours yet, he's beating the hell out of himself with "what ifs" and "should haves". Since I don't know what else to do, I just listen. And cry. I can't imagine losing my beloved.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Prayers for them all, Nothing worse than losing someone you are close to and its not easy. No one can say or do anything to make it easier. She is in the arms of the lord where there is peace and happiness. It will take time to heal, and have to remember the great things, and the happy times about her. :(

RIP

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm so sorry about your friend and those who were important in her life. You and her family are in my prayers. Continue to listen...there are no words that can heal...but allowing those who need to talk the opportunity is a blessing in itself.

Peace

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
R.I.P fellow rider :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went for a quickie ride last night, for Lori. I could almost feel her with me, smiling. You know, it made me feel better?

Thanks for the support, all...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
she is riding with you... remember that.... ;) she'll always be with you... always....

·
Registered
128 Posts
rip fellow rider, heartfelt condolences for the bf and the family and friends and u to ludi

1 - 20 of 30 Posts