Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm new to the Forum and absolutely love the info and feedback i've gotten from it. I'm looking around for some Grips and was wondering if anyone had tried out the Kuryakyn Universal grips (http://www.kuryakyn.com) .
I saw them on my buddy R6 and they felt really good. They add a lot more width.
I think they are made mostly for cruisers but work on Sportsbikes as well.
I've attached an image, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
cdemoss said:
Hey guys i'm new to the Forum and absolutely love the info and feedback i've gotten from it. I'm looking around for some Grips and was wondering if anyone had tried out the Kuryakyn Universal grips (http://www.kuryakyn.com) .
I saw them on my buddy R6 and they felt really good. They add a lot more width.
I think they are made mostly for cruisers but work on Sportsbikes as well.
I've attached an image, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Craig
I had them on my old cruiser. I think they'd be pretty bizarre on your FZ. As for adding width, it would just be grip hanging past the end of the handlebar. I don't know if I'd trust it. I was unhappy with the stock grips that came on my FZ and, after trying a few different aftermarket grips, I've settled on the ProGrip 716. http://www.casporttouring.com/store...PROD&Product_Code=16300&Category_Code=progrip They are thicker than the stock ones with a gel insert so they are grippy and softer for less vibes. Still the stock width though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I loved them on my sportster, helped out a bit with vibes. At 60 bucks, not cheap. The chrome seemed great and the rubber never discolored or felt like they were hardening. Might have to weight your bars though, I don't think they weigh near as much as the bar ends do.

I got the width I liked from gel progrips and a set of grip puppies.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
apollo1813 said:
Anyone tried the ProGrip with Throttlemeister? If they are the same size as stock, it shouldn't be a problem? These may be my next purchase....
I have the ProGrips on my bike and the Throttlemeister sitting on my workbench. I just need a free minute for the installation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i might check out the ProGrips and you guys are right.... $60 Bucks for Grips..... hmmm?

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
I have the ProGrips on my bike and the Throttlemeister sitting on my workbench. I just need a free minute for the installation.

Let me know how that works out...I think I am going to order them regardless. I can always trim on the grips if they don't fit exactly. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
apollo1813 said:
Let me know how that works out...I think I am going to order them regardless. I can always trim on the grips if they don't fit exactly. Thanks.
I don't anticipate any problems. The 716's are the exact same length as the stockers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dumb question....when you order the ProGrips, do they come in pairs?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
apollo1813 said:
Dumb question....when you order the ProGrips, do they come in pairs?
No such thing as dumb questions.

Pairs only.

See if they'll throw in a couple of zip ties for Jay.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heavy FZ6 said:
No such thing as dumb questions.

Pairs only.

See if they'll throw in a couple of zip ties for Jay.
:eek:nfloor

I'm trying to get some space-qualified zip ties so he isn't worried about them coming lose....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
apollo1813 said:
Anyone tried the ProGrip with Throttlemeister? If they are the same size as stock, it shouldn't be a problem? These may be my next purchase....
I have both Progrips and throttlemeister....
No Problems.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Don't buy from NASA your bike will never get out of the garage

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hippie said:
I have both Progrips and throttlemeister....
No Problems.
+1

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey do you guys use grip glue or not? Ive read not to but I dont remember why it said

·
Registered
341 Posts
DJuanHouston said:
Hey do you guys use grip glue or not? Ive read not to but I dont remember why it said
I used grip glue to put back on my stock grips after i got my suburban machinery bars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts