Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ridden KTM's offroad for about 7 years. I got my first street bike in January - my 2004 FZ6 - and it has become my favorite toy.

When I first started riding it, I was not used to such a high revving engine, so I quickly began getting used to 4k RPM, then 5k, then 6k....so, finally I am used to about 11-12k RPM and use it often (no, I haven't been to 14k yet - not even really sure why I need to). But, the best riding range is when I am cruising at around 6k RPM in 3rd gear on a twisty back road, the FZ6 has a great instant-on throttle that is most pleasing! I am sure many of you knowwhaddamean!

One thing my KTM does better is going about 70 mph on gravel roads...that is a kick in the pants! Knobbies do there job well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ADalways said:
One thing my KTM does better is going about 70 mph on gravel roads...
Ummm....did you try taking a gravel road at 70 on the FZ6? Because if you did I nominate you as the craziest person on this board

·
Registered
169 Posts
bryancfrench said:
Ummm....did you try taking a gravel road at 70 on the FZ6? Because if you did I nominate you as the craziest person on this board
Hahahaha!

He already lost.... a friend of mine.. took the FZ6-N to a Trial Tour, created by a local fan club of the Suzuki V-Strom.

He said that the bike can handle much more than it looks.

And his bike is fully stock.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm sure Knobbies on a FZ6 would allow it to go 70 on dirt, as long as the road was smooth.

Sure would save buying a BMW/GS

·
Registered
828 Posts
There were a few KTMs on the track today at Loudon. Man those things have low "blatty" pipes! They were kind of odd looking mixed in with the supersports but their riders had skilz. They definitely were holding their own, no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts