Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM The Fastest Growing Motorcycle Company In US For 2013 » Motorcycle.com News

November retail sales growth figures for KTM North America, Inc. have put the motorcycle company out front as the fastest growing motorcycle company in the US for 2013.

KTM’s November unit sales rose 49% compared to the same month in 2012 and year-to-date numbers at the end of November showed KTM leading growth with a 28.8% increase. This sales growth makes KTM the fastest growing motorcycle company in the US for 2013.

According to Brad Hagi, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for KTM North America, credit for this performance is due in part to dealers being able to put models like the SXS Mini’s, SX Factory Editions, ISDE bikes, 990 Adventure Baja Editions, and 690 Dukes into the hands of consumers. With the release of the 1190 Adventure models and the 1290 Super Duke R, we eagerly await to see if KTM can carry this momentum into 2014, especially considering the $17,000 price tag of the Super Duke R.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
They make darned good bikes I am on my 4th KTM now , I bought the superduke back in 2006 and still have it , other bikes have came and gone but the Duke is still here and will not be going anywhere anytime soon .. I loves it .

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Too bad they don't sell supersports. Oh wait, they do. Each KTM dealership that stocks so many dirt and other motorbikes is 'forced' to keep one RC8 in inventory but they don't know how to sell them. I tried very hard to buy one about a year ago, and none would sell me that outdated 1198 at less than a 1198 price. I also talked to the KTM Rep with an Austrian accent (not really the rep on duty but someone along for the ride, probably an exec) at the international motorcycle show. They have absolutely no plans to update the RC8 at all, and if anything, judging from their reaction, they might even cut their line...or worse, keep the status quo.

They need to take the Ducati approach. A bad-ass 1199 will help sell dinky Monsters and other non-sportbikes. Instead, they just...well...are doing nothing in this area. Including encouraging dealerships to sell the RC8s.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
My next bike will be a KTM; a 500EXC or 350EXC-F. Unfortunately the G650X will have to go first. :(

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Too bad they don't sell supersports. Oh wait, they do. Each KTM dealership that stocks so many dirt and other motorbikes is 'forced' to keep one RC8 in inventory but they don't know how to sell them. I tried very hard to buy one about a year ago, and none would sell me that outdated 1198 at less than a 1198 price. I also talked to the KTM Rep with an Austrian accent (not really the rep on duty but someone along for the ride, probably an exec) at the international motorcycle show. They have absolutely no plans to update the RC8 at all, and if anything, judging from their reaction, they might even cut their line...or worse, keep the status quo.

They need to take the Ducati approach. A bad-ass 1199 will help sell dinky Monsters and other non-sportbikes. Instead, they just...well...are doing nothing in this area. Including encouraging dealerships to sell the RC8s.

Really it's just a market they are not in. They dont know how to compete there, and dont have any bikes to support the RC8. Ducati sells a ton of monsters, but KTM simply doesn't have a monster. They just have a shit load of different dirt bikes....so many that nobody can keep them all straight. They build awesome bikes for sure, but if they are gonna try to compete in the sportbike realm they would have to put in an effort that I just dont think they are prepared to make.

Oh, and the orange......I know it's their color but probably more than half of people think orange is fucking hideous. They need to have more options than just ORANGE, and partly orange.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
The rc8 really impressed me though, and the ORANJE as the icing on the cake. Besides, ktms are a premium mark so they need to distinguish themselves. I learned a lot about ktm a year ago when I was shopping for the rc8 and it surprised me that they even made it as I learnes about their line.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Really it's just a market they are not in. They dont know how to compete there, and dont have any bikes to support the RC8. Ducati sells a ton of monsters, but KTM simply doesn't have a monster. They just have a shit load of different dirt bikes....so many that nobody can keep them all straight. They build awesome bikes for sure, but if they are gonna try to compete in the sportbike realm they would have to put in an effort that I just dont think they are prepared to make.

Oh, and the orange......I know it's their color but probably more than half of people think orange is fucking hideous. They need to have more options than just ORANGE, and partly orange.
Well now they have the RC390, which should help.

And personally, I love orange.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I'm no fan of orange, but they make the best off road and dual sport bikes. The 2011 990 Adventure Dakar comes in a blue (w/ orange of course :)) that I lust over. When I get the EXC (looking like it'll be the 350) I'm changing it to black plastics and blue graphics. :D

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I like the duke and would consider it over the 990 SMR except that thanks to Canadialand, it costs $2000 more per year to insure. F that.

(Hell, it costs more than the RC8R to insure)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I like the duke and would consider it over the 990 SMR except that thanks to Canadialand, it costs $2000 more per year to insure. F that.

(Hell, it costs more than the RC8R to insure)

YOU WHAT !!! Mine costs £120 a year fully comp with legal cover , breakdown cover , equipment cover, key cover , europe wide recovery to the UK ...the whole lot .

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Oh yeah?! Well....well Fuck you! Ha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts