1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
freetors
640 Posts
I saw that bike a while ago. It's nice to see that they finally decided to bring it here. Now they just need to get a real dealer network sorted.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they can keep it ~$5.5k I think it could do pretty well.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
According to KTM dealers in Mexico City it will be priced lower than the Ninja 300.

·
Registered
458 Posts
According to KTM dealers in Mexico City it will be priced lower than the Ninja 300.
In India, the price of the Ninja 300 (w/o ABS) is pegged somewhere at $ 7,200. The Duke 390 (to be launched in another few months time) is rumored to be slated at $ 4,100.

I think it will be as much fun as the Ninja, though the lack of fairing might be a bother on those inter-state rides.

We don't have the option of ABS on the Ninja 300.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'd love the 690. The 390 definitely fits the mold for a beginner bike but I wonder if the availability makes that somewhat prohibitive. I almost never see KTMs around here.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Yay! Now if we can get the rest of the European sm line up that would be great!

If I'm not mistaken there bring the Duke back to the US for 2013 and maybe even 2014. But the ktm duke and the husky strata are bikes in the same class owned by the same company. So kinda a pointless battle to have. Expecially when the husky comes with more bells and whistles as standard. My guess is the Duke 300 is to bridge that gap and not make for to much competition in the same company.

What I would do to have a 2stroke sm...... Hopefully soon......

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Looks like it could be a lot of fun. But the 2.9gal fuel tank is a deal breaker. Way to little range for my area.
I dunno what kinda mileage it'll get but assuming you can only use 2.5 gallons of that, even if it only gets 40mpg it'll still have a longer range than my 1098 :(

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I doubt that will be true for America though. To get vehicles past the EPA and other various .gov agencies costs a shit load. It's a lot cheaper to sell vehicles in Mexico and other countries than the US, which is why so many cool bikes dont end up here.
All vehicles are more expensive in Mexico than in the US...

KAWASAKI - Grupo Motomex

Ninja 300 is $7,699 OTD. Say what?

Getting vehicles approved is a piece of cake, they just get heavily taxed and volume is WAY lower than in the US. If it's cheaper than the Ninja 300 in Mexico it's a fact it will be cheaper than the Ninja 300 in the US.

I'd love the 690. It definitely fits the mold for a beginner bike but I wonder if the availability makes that somewhat prohibitive. I almost never see KTMs around here.
Duke 690 for a beginner bike? :hahano

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dunno what kinda mileage it'll get but assuming you can only use 2.5 gallons of that, even if it only gets 40mpg it'll still have a longer range than my 1098 :(
I was on a ride with a guy on a Ducati, said he only had 90-100mil range, he had to turn back on the ride because the next gas station was too far away. I could not imagine riding a street bike with that short of a range.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was on a ride with a guy on a Ducati, said he only had 90-100mil range, he had to turn back on the ride because the next gas station was too far away. I could not imagine riding a street bike with that short of a range.
The range on my duke is 120 miles till I switch to reserve. Sucks for longer rides but there isn't another machine I would rather have in the city.

Long distance, the vibes and wind about kill you tho.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The range on my duke is 120 miles till I switch to reserve. Sucks for longer rides but there isn't another machine I would rather have in the city.
That's about the same as my zx6r.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think the Duke would probably go further than my WRX (runs dry at around 120 miles, holds ~1.9 gallons). Its mileage probably isn't much worse and it holds quite a bit more fuel.

Unless it has some majorly budget components I don't see it being less than 6k.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
That's about what I get out of my 1098. I've yet to own a 600cc+ sportbike that got more than about 120-130 on a tank. The Duc doesn't really get any worse mileage than the others I've had, it just has a smaller tank. Fits nice between the knees, but requires more stops.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts