Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fallowing this bike for about 18 months now, and getting real excited as ( I hope) its soon arrival to North America. I can say, this will just be a phenomenal bike. Features like ABS, traction control, single cylinder pumping put 46bhp on a 303lbs bike sitting on a orange trellis frame. 0-60 in 5.3. Pretty good for a 380cc bike. Looks neat too.

This bike was announced to be able to purchase in 2014 in North America (along with the rc390). I went to the local bike show here in January, and was quite upset hoping with cash in hand, I could purchase one. No luck. But I did talk to the KTM Canada rep, and he listened to my story , and how bad I wanted one. He figures fall of this year,or sooner. He promised me I will be the first one up North riding on one. We remain in contact to this day. I will be putting my down payment, 3 months advance to the first ones arrival, as soon as he knows.

Anyone else a little excited about this bike? The KTM Canada website as of 2 months ago had no information on the 390 duke. But as just recently, there is a whole page on it, including the 360 degree view! Hoping sooner then later!

Cheers

PS: Why is there no section for KTM in the eruos?!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nice looking bike. Those mirrors seem a bit high though.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It is the new 500 which was the new 400 which was the new 300 which was the new 250. Hopefully next Suzuki or Yamaha comes out with a 454cc or maybe a 332cc bike which will be the best because it is not the typical 600 or 500 or 390 or 300 or 250. It will be better because it has less cc than a 600 but more cc than a 250, lol.

It is a nice bike and I do like it but these "in between" gap bikes are becoming more of a fad thing than a motorcycle thing it seems.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a very cool bike. I don't mind the step in between. That tiny bike would lose the 600s on the straights, but on those twisty roads, that 46hp 390 would just fly! I am looking forward to it.

bluspyder-how do you like your duke?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Well.....best bike I've owned or ridden. Lol.
The Duke has taught me more about riding then anything I've ever owned. The power band is awesome. Gobs of low end help throw you out of the corners. The only thing you'll need to get used to is downshifting. The backend will slide out if you pop down to quickly in a high rpm... Which is scary at first.... Then starts to be fun. Lol.

The part I love the most is how light and nimble it is. Upright seating and torque make it an awesome city machine. The only thing it really fails at is distance commuting. I ride 20-30 minutes to work and can feel it at the end of the day. I've also done a couple 300+ mile trips in a day and you definitely feel it after that. Most of that is from vibes from the motor Which I'm sure is more tame on the 390.

But over all I would suggest any experienced rider to get a Duke 2.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
PS: Why is there no section for KTM in the euros?!
I would like to know that too. The RC390 looks like fun too. Not sure if the US Spec bikes will have traction control though. They will need to hit a specific price point and all those fancy things add to the cost.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
It is the new 500 which was the new 400 which was the new 300 which was the new 250. Hopefully next Suzuki or Yamaha comes out with a 454cc or maybe a 332cc bike which will be the best because it is not the typical 600 or 500 or 390 or 300 or 250. It will be better because it has less cc than a 600 but more cc than a 250, lol.

It is a nice bike and I do like it but these "in between" gap bikes are becoming more of a fad thing than a motorcycle thing it seems.

Nah ,, yer just starting to get the choice available .. and it's good and it's fun .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts