Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy would it be to paint your fairings with Krylon Fusion? Has anyone ever tried this? The commercial makes me want to buy a can and go crazy on the fairings.

·
Registered
380 Posts
What is it? We don't have commercials over here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"Discover this revolutionary paint for plastic - Fusion. This top-selling paint is the first of its kind that bonds directly to most plastics. Turn a treasured toy into something new again. Get many more years of enjoyment out of your outdoor patio furniture. And don't waste that waste paper basket - simply give it a new coat of paint.

* No sanding, no priming, no fuss
* Dries in 15 minutes or less
* Features the EZ Touch Fan™ Spray Nozzle

Recommended Surfaces:
Ceramic/Plaster
Glass
Hard Vinyl
Metal
Paper
Papier Mache
Plastic
Wicker
Wood "

from http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=10&productid=1751&content=product_details

Iono how effective it will be without primer and sanding.

·
Registered
926 Posts
looks like i know what kind of paint im using for my new set of race fairings :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
dont use rattle can on your parts if you ever have any intention of a real paint job. i had fairings that had rattle can and one sanding spray paint sucks. it never really cures and stays gummy. the guy who has to paint your parts will hate you. and if you dont get all of that junk off it will cause the new paint to lift or distort

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you're using your bike on the street. i wouldn't recommend rattle canning it. you can tell pretty easily even with the best rattle can job. it doesn't look presentable. But i am an avid user of it for my track bike. no one gives a crap how it looks, just how fast i go.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks nochickenstrip and quik. Thats what I wanted to hear. Didnt think it would be THAT good of a job. The commercial makes it look so easy and good. Now thats good marketing strategy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
here's my f4i w/a rattle can job on the race fairing next to my buddies stock r6 w/oem paint. since this picture, i've had a couple falls at the track & has subsequently been re-rattlecanned again. w/a record like mine, $20 & a couple of hours vs. $500+ for a pro job. it's easy for me to make a decision

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
here's another pic of my bike's tank after another round of rattle can rumble. it looks good from far but far from good

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i used it for my gixxer but was just the lower part of the fairing & it worked ok but didnt use a clear coat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts