Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about retiring my 85 nighthawk 450 after some faithful years of service. I am considering a 2004 zx-6r. Are there any issues/problems/services that I should keep in mind. I'm really stuck between the r6 and the 6r.

And on a side note. Color... Orange or blue?

thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Orange! But I haven't really heard much about problems the bike has had, mostly because I haven't looked either.

I know a bunch of people that ride them and they haven't had any complaints about the bike.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things also. I'm an avid R6 fan, and love my bike to death, but I've been tempted to pick up a 6R as a second bike. I really like them and am really interested in them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hell, you love your R6 cause it has a insanely bad ass paint job. I would love it too, =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input. the orange is quite hot and tempting, but blue is my favorite color. Any one else. I'm all ears.

thanks,
brad

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Blue bikes are a dime a dozen, orange bikes are where it's at.

Wish I had an orange one, with an orange one-piece, orange helmet, orange gloves and boots as well.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
I've always felt strongly that if you are going to own a kaw that it should be green.....Just so damn unique.

·
Registered
307 Posts
6r but i'm biased. my previous bike was a 02 gixxer 600. i like everything better on this bike. however, my only complaint is a stiff suspension. i haven't touched the suspension yet so it could be fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I keep hearing about "handling problems" but maybe people are just talking about the stock suspension settings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 7500 miles on mine and haven't really had any problems. The tranny seems a little loud to me sometimes when I shift into first "CLACK" and from first to second. I was told that some bolt works itself loose in the tranny, but I havent followed through to research it more.

Attachments

·
Banned
730 Posts
The '04s have had their suspension recalibrated for a much softer ride. From everything I've come across, that was their only complaint and it's fixed.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about his post, but that is the first real complaints I have heard from any owner of that bike. Could just be one of them and he was the not so lucky guy that picked it up.

·
Banned
730 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I really like my 04 ZX6R, same bike as KEVNEV's. Yeah, the shifting is notchy at times but I believe that's just a Kawasaki trait. I've read that synthetic oil will help alot in that department and I'm going to Mobil 1 red cap at 4000 miles so I'll find out then. Marsolais has quite a few unique problems with a new bike.

·
Registered
691 Posts
KevNev said:
6r but i'm biased. my previous bike was a 02 gixxer 600. i like everything better on this bike. however, my only complaint is a stiff suspension. i haven't touched the suspension yet so it could be fixed.

I really like that bike! :drool I need some money for one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with the guy who said something about the Kawi Green is the way to go. But the 636 doesent come in that, So i vote orange. Orange is pretty and rare.

Also, its on its second year production run, so im sure most of the tiny kinks are worked out. I think they are badass bikes on all levels.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts